• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Ravens have the SB in the bag

If he's the powerful symbol you're following than you're fucked, plain and simple. He's the guy on death row who finds Jesus. Slow fucking clap. How many kids does he have, with how many mothers? Yeah great guy. Found Jesus. Yea hah!

And Irish I clearly know what Christianity is about. I just think that Ray Lewis is an example of its dark side. Its why I left.

Bill. He wasn't on death row. That's the point.

He is an example to young black athletes.

There was no gun to his head. My sensor for frauds is high.

He isn't one.

Even though I completely agree with this post and with your post above, I do think Lewis can show that and be an example without the hooting and howling and prolonged rant. It makes it look like a show, even if it is sincere.

Would it not be be more powerful and make people feel like you were sincere if he simply said "I I would like to thank God, for turning my life around. I have left and sacrificed many pieces of my former life and am now seeing the benefits"?

Fair enough. But sincerity is a tough thing for anyone to challenge of another. People express themselves differently - and for someone who's been a football celebrity since he was 16, isn't hooting and hollering the most authentic form of expression that such a person knows?

Even though I completely agree with this post and with your post above, I do think Lewis can show that and be an example without the hooting and howling and prolonged rant. It makes it look like a show, even if it is sincere.

Would it not be be more powerful and make people feel like you were sincere if he simply said "I I would like to thank God, for turning my life around. I have left and sacrificed many pieces of my former life and am now seeing the benefits"?

Who is his audience?

Ray Lewis is doing his best Sean Hannity impression. Is this a black thing? Is that why its different?

I'm confused as to why you fall for his bullshit. You seem smarter than that.

Or maybe not. You do kinda suck now.

I just think that people that think they're smart by hating on religion are actually dumb. Not saying you fall into that category, but all signs, biblical and otherwise, point to yes.

Bill. He wasn't on death row. That's the point.

He is an example to young black athletes.

There was no gun to his head. My sensor for frauds is high.

He isn't one.

He was responsible for the death of one if not two people. And he lied about it.

He deserves nothing but a horrible, slow death. He's full of shit. People don't change. Jesus just became convenient for him. Like a lot of other people. That's why I hate him.

I swear Irish and I don't exchange notes.

We don't. I'm a believer, you're not, and that's fine. I think we both just hate posers, regardless of conversation. And Ray Lewis, for all his bullshit antics, isn't a poser.

P.S. I'm a Browns fan. I HATE the Ravens. But they have my begrudging respect for the way they win football games.

Lol, at the black athletes comment. Black athletes need a lot more than God to get their shit together. Please find me a group of multimillionaires who commit more crime than black athletes.

He was responsible for the death of one if not two people. And he lied about it.

He deserves nothing but a horrible, slow death. He's full of shit. People don't change. Jesus just became convenient for him. Like a lot of other people. That's why I hate him.
People don't change???

Lol, at the black athletes comment. Black athletes need a lot more than God to get their shit together. Please find me a group of multimillionaires who commit more crime than black athletes.

The mafia. Italian. Chinese. And Russian.

We don't. I'm a believer, you're not, and that's fine. I think we both just hate posers, regardless of conversation. And Ray Lewis, for all his bullshit antics, isn't a poser.

You're a believer? Aw, isn't that cute. There is no scientific proof of god and humans had every reason in the world to invent a deity. My WFU degree is devalued by your fantasyland.

You're a believer? Aw, isn't that cute. There is no scientific proof of god and humans had every reason in the world to invent a deity. My WFU degree is devalued by your fantasyland.

Duly noted, CerealPiss. Duly noted.

I just think that people that think they're smart by hating on religion are actually dumb. Not saying you fall into that category, but all signs, biblical and otherwise, point to yes.

Not that guy at all. I have no problem with most people's view on religion. You have the right to be what you wanna be, and believe what you wanna believe.

Like for example my mother has become more and more religious, and it correlates with a lot of challenges she has had in her life. If that's something that makes life easier, than good for her.

But people who use religion as a PR resource have no place on this Earth. They're the bad guys. They're whats wrong with this planet. Finding Jesus isn't an excuse. It doesn't make everything okay.

Wall Street.

Fair enough. But sincerity is a tough thing for anyone to challenge of another. People express themselves differently - and for someone who's been a football celebrity since he was 16, isn't hooting and hollering the most authentic form of expression that such a person knows?

Who is his audience?

I would like to clarify that I agree with the both of you that I think Ray has turned his life around. I hope his turnaround does others good.

I just understand how someone watching that can feel like it is fake, or can feel it is an embarrassment. No matter where in the audience spectrum they fall

Wall Street.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Then why aren't more bankers getting prosecuted? They're easy targets. In the last year there have been more murders by black athletes than Wall Streeters despite the fact that the athletes on average make far more and there are far more bankers.

Back