• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The school choice and 2-parent household official thread

Demand for private schools would go through the roof if NC gave $8K per student per year. Where in the world is this money coming from ?

Taxpayers. And any Tom, Dick, and Harry would start a skool to cash in.

Taxpayers. And any Tom, Dick, and Harry would start a skool to cash in.
That's the idea - privatize public ed. Starve public education and give the money to vouchers and for-profit charters. Utah is basically saying to parents "we'll only spend $4,000 on your kid in your local public school, but you can take this $8,000 and plop them in one of our new charter and Christian schools!"

If I want to send my kid to the Tucker Carlson Christian School for Whites, I should damn be able to! And the government should pay for it! Damn public school indoctrination! grumble grumble

If I want to send my kid to the Tucker Carlson Christian School for Whites, I should damn be able to! And the government should pay for it! Damn public school indoctrination! grumble grumble
You mean Wake? That’s where Buckley went!

Directly electing school principals is a fresh hell that I haven’t heard advocated before.

The implications of turning principals from a regular job to an elected position are massive. But the “plan” actually takes power away from school boards and superintendents.

I don't think people understand what principals do.

I don't think people understand what principals do.

Or education in general aside from their memories of being students many years ago. But conservatives take advantage of that. They want people who think there's kittie litter in schools for kids who identify as cats to vote for principals.

Now they are really pissed to be left behind (f that book series* a f kirk cameron)

*never read it.

Wait really? I thought he went to Georgetown thanks to a letter of recommendation from one Hunter Biden.
Didn’t he play tennis for us and the team got to use Tucker’s jet?

Am i mis-remembering?

E: it was SeanHannity’s kid. I’m confusing pieces of shits’ kids.

Back