• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The school choice and 2-parent household official thread

Poor man's Patton Oswald. All of the awkward, none of the fun.

Incels would rather complain they can’t get laid than legalize paying to get laid.

Incels would rather complain they can’t get laid than legalize paying to get laid.
They DESERVE to get laid! They shouldn't have to pay for it! Women should be giving it to them! Lining up even.

yah why aren't the women of the world doing their part?

cMfkFGP.jpg

Listening to NPR on vouchers. A public school advocate from Arizona said that 50,000 students are using $7,000 vouchers for private schools and home schools. 80% of those children had never attended public school. 70% are from high income families.

Last edited:
Listening to NPR on vouchers. A public school advocate from Arizona said that 35,000 students are using $7,000 vouchers for private schools and home schools. 80% of those children had never attended public school. 70% are from high income families.

Yeah, if NC gave me vouchers for $7K per kid I probably would have pulled my kids out for good. I couldn't afford $20K for kindergarten for two kids back when they started, but that might have put us on the private school track. We eventually pulled one of them out for five years, but he's back in the public high school. Private high school around here runs about $30K per year. Of course, the unintended consequence is that the vouchers can cause inflation in tuition. Also, I would thank that not every institution would accept the state vouchers unless compelled to do so by law.

But giving a parent a $7,000 voucher to home school their own kid is fucking stupid.

Why would a private school not accept vouchers. They can deny admission to anyone they want with whatever bs reason they want to give. More vouchers equals MOAR potential griftees... uh students.

Why would a private school not accept vouchers. They can deny admission to anyone they want with whatever bs reason they want to give. More vouchers equals MOAR potential griftees... uh students.

Hard to build your endowment or bust the cap on your annual giving campaign with a bunch of parents who can't afford your tuition. Legitimate, established private schools aren't around to turn a profit.

I would assume there's some licensing requirements (or eventually will be). I know when I ran before/after school programs for the Y, we couldn't accept vouchers at most of our sites unless they were licensed. Oddly enough, most of our sites were in public schools which didn't meet the physical requirements for licensed childcare in the state of NC.

Hard to build your endowment or bust the cap on your annual giving campaign with a bunch of parents who can't afford your tuition. Legitimate, established private schools aren't around to turn a profit.
They also tend to pay their faculty less than public schools. The quality of life tradeoff creates an expectation to take less.

They also tend to pay their faculty less than public schools. The quality of life tradeoff creates an expectation to take less.

Yep. And their kids also often get free or reduced tuition, which is nice.

Yeah they’re around to re-segregate the schools er I mean promote CHRISTIAN education.

Yep. And their kids also often get free or reduced tuition, which is nice.
This is very true. My wife working for a private school is the main reason we even have the discussion about that option for my son when he starts Kindergarten. $10K off is pretty nice.

I would argue that the better private schools these focus more on DEI than their public counterparts. Much, much more actually. But it's an expensive proposition.

But giving a parent a $7,000 voucher to home school their own kid is fucking stupid.

And according to this lady, they can spend that $7000 on anything they want. No oversight.

Back