• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sox

Seattle is rumored to have a 3 year deal on the table for Hamilton so my question is why wouldn't the Sox offer him 4 yrs and steal him.
2 years in RF and 2 years as the new DH plus it puts excitement back in Fenway

I think Ortiz would be a great mentor/babysitter for him, too. I think, outside Texas and his "support group" there, Boston is a good place for him.

Please look at the OBP Hamilton has against the AL East and tell me why there are Sox fans that don't want him in Boston

Please look at the OBP Hamilton has against the AL East and tell me why there are Sox fans that don't want him in Boston

There are lots of ways to argue that the Sox should go after Hamilton. Using his OBP against the AL East is certainly one of the dumber ways.

No way the best he's gotten so far is a THREE year deal. No way in hell. He'll end up with at least five, maybe even 6+.

There are lots of ways to argue that the Sox should go after Hamilton. Using his OBP against the AL East is certainly one of the dumber ways.

He certainly carries baggage, and his addictions to drugs, alcohol, and apparently last season to caffeine (didn't he basically say he was on so much caffeine that his eyes dried out and he couldn't see well as the reason he slumped mid-season?!?) are certainly warning signs of trouble. He really needs babysitters to keep him straight and not to ingest stuff that affects his abililty to perform. He's kind of a loose cannon. But he's as good as there is when he is straight. He can carry an offense. I think since the maturity level in the cluhouse has gone up, and the desire to win has too, it might work. That's a big investment for a guy with these issues.

Also Red Sox considering going to 3 years on Ryan Dumpster. He's not an AL pitcher IMO... sucked for the Rangers and will suck in the AL East. Don't do it. Do 2 for $26.5 with a mutual option for a 3rd year at $13.5

Last edited:
They got him for 2 years at $26.5M. I like the move, they've got the money so why not take a chance with a 2 year deal. Knew it wouldn't take much more that barely beating the next highest offer (Royals at $26M). I feel bad for the Royals, I want them to do well too....

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...ter-boston-red-sox-agree-two-year-deal-source

I, too, am glad that they managed to keep it to a two year deal. We have expendable cash, and with the options left this seems to be one the best outcomes in terms of quality and cash commitment.

Lackey and Bard are already at ST and both are looking great.

It's look like Lackey may have been embarrassed about being a fat fuck and lost some weight:

e8uju3ut.jpg

6e8a4yha.jpg

So what does everyone think goes down this year? What are you looking forward to?

I for one am excited to watch Middlebrooks play a full year. It will be interesting to see how handles being the starter from day one. My gut says he may struggle a bit this year.

I am also excited to watch the bullpen they look pretty loaded. It will be a matter of the starters getting to them in a reasonable spot.

Haha. His first home start should be special.

I saw one of his last home starts in 2011--a Sunday beating at the hands of the Rangers. That was the most miserable I've ever been at Fenway (granted, that is in about ten total games, but it was still pretty awful).

Gammons saying Lester has his old form back. Gammons seemed pretty jacked about it.

Back