• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Steubenville Files(High School football rape crew and mass coverup)

Yeah, I'm sure it's a thin line, but I think the CNN clip that seems to be making the rounds does focus a lot on sympathy for the rapists:

I mean, I'm sure it was tough to watch two kids break down. But, if you remember what they did, and the lasting impact on the victim, it suddenly doesn't seem so difficult anymore.

A few years ago, on President's Day, Candy Crowley was at historic Williamsburg interviewing two actors dressed up as Washington and Jefferson as if they were actually those men. I have not been able to take her seriously as a journalist since.

God damnit RJ, this is the 2nd time on this thread you have one out of your way to be confrontational and derail the thread.

You are going out of your way to try and grossly misrepresent the positions of other posters on this thread, and then acting like an 8 year old when they get upset at you for it.

then do something about it mr mod

i'm not saying that the guys didn't have promising football careers, but it seems misguided to focus on that when a girl was brutally raped, and everything was just covered up as an attempt to continue their promising careers.

and yes, i would say that the photos and videos of the date rape were, in fact, evidence of it. in addition to having one of the rapists on video talking about how he raped her.

Just curious, is this really what happened?

Just curious, is this really what happened?

i'm sure everybody's definition of "brutally" differs a bit. but yeah, if i had been that girl, i would definitely think that being violated by MULTIPLE guys in one night after being drugged, having pictures taken of me and sent around, and being dumped on the front lawn would qualify as "brutally."

In my mind "brutally" involves violence above and beyond the actual act of rape (which we can all agree is brutal)....it implies like beating or injuring...at least to me.

But I'm definitely not going to tell someone who was raped that their situation wouldn't qualify as "brutal".

The only thing I see mentioning her being drugged was the sensationalized article though, I thought the tox report came up empty.

The only thing I see mentioning her being drugged was the sensationalized article though, I thought the tox report came up empty.

She waited 2 or 3 days before going to the police, I don't think they did one or if they did it had been too long to detect drugs.

The media's excessive hyperbole do nothing to add to the reporting of the case but cause controversy. Much like firebz.com, the few facts and pictures speak for themselves.

I guess RJ never apologized for accusing multiple posters of supporting rape...

Typical

Let me guess, he posts on reddit and is a big fan of social justice so he can feel relevant in a world that doesn't value skills such as morbid obesity, social anxiety disorder and total lack of ambition.

If you look at the pic he's pretty skinny...

Let me guess, he posts on reddit and is a big fan of social justice so he can feel relevant in a world that doesn't value skills such as morbid obesity, social anxiety disorder and total lack of ambition.

Not sure. I saw a friend post the article on facebook. Seemed pretty fucked up to me.

Hi caturdayfish!

Back