• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Steubenville Files(High School football rape crew and mass coverup)

Disgusting....I just don't understand the way some people think.

saw the video of that fucking asshole drunk kid and his cackling crumbsnatcher friend who filmed him and wanted to go to that town and pound those kids heads into the pavement.

i noticed that little fucker was at tOSU and wondered how the hell he was still able to attend there amid all this media news...guess there was a movement to get his ass expelled and it may have worked. whatever the case, he gone. now cut his ballz off....

http://inagist.com/all/288471408294641664/?utm_source=inagist&utm_medium=rss
http://www.facebook.com/AntiRapeCrewCrusader
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/michael-nodianos-steubenville-ohio-state_n_2425929.html

Last edited:
The coach should have been fired for letting any of the players play again.

They will read a verdict tomorrow morning.

I wonder what mebanedeac would have to say about the role of high school football in these boys' lives.

I would say that to the extent that high school football contributed to enabling these guys to think themselves entitled to this barbaric behavior or attempted to cover their crimes or protected them from due punishment or causes any portion of their community to rationalize their evil...to that extent high school football failed...not only failed but is blame worthy.

There are harmful elements to high school football. That is particularly true when it idolizes players or the sport itself. That may happen more with high school football than any other high school sport.

I still think that high school football can be very positive in the development of a young man; but it is no better than the people who lead and support and participate.

I wondered about that too. I also wondered why there wasn't a change of venue, b/c presumably the non-jury aspect had to do with favortism toward the athletes. I did not follow the story closely though.

It was not a jury trial because the case was in juvenile court.

Thney are very lucky to be allowed to be tried as juveniles. A lot of 15-17 yos get tried as adults, don't they?

I think its a toss up. Had they been tried as adults and gotten a jury I think they had a shot at being acquitted because you just need one juror to think the girl was asking for it by being so drunk or someone so in love with high school football they vote not guilty.

After the state came in, they may have moved the trial if there was a jury.

After the state came in, they may have moved the trial if there was a jury.

Right, because Steubenville is the only place where women are blamed for being victims.

It's not about that. It's about the players and coaches being held less responsible for their actions and are almost deified in Steubenville.

Had they been tried as adults. Moving the venue gives the woman a better chance at justice.

Ok, well, I am just saying while I don't think this sentence is sufficient, the following is true:
1) It is at least some punishment & a guilty conviction
2) The negative publicity from this will follow them for the rest of their lives

I agree with you 100% and thought this would happen in Steubenville. They should have gotten the max.

To me they should have been charged with kidnapping along with rape if the videos are unedited.

Back