• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Steubenville Files(High School football rape crew and mass coverup)

She wasn't able to say she wanted to go from A to B and B to C, is it not kidnapping to take her without approval?

Yeah, that's the gist of it. It's taking and holding someone against their will.

Isn't it normal to charge them with that to get them to plead to the max of another crime?

didn't they get off very lightly?

Don't know the details at all, but it's interesting that the girl's own friends apparently were saying that she was basically asking for it, but they were not allowed to be subpoenaed to testify. Odd scenario where the testimony of the witnesses who were fellow football players seemingly damned the defendants, while the victim's friends' testimony may have helped save them.

Don't know the details at all, but it's interesting that the girl's own friends apparently were saying that she was basically asking for it, but they were not allowed to be subpoenaed to testify. Odd scenario where the testimony of the witnesses who were fellow football players seemingly damned the defendants, while the victim's friends' testimony may have helped save them.

Its interesting that high school girls would turn on the victim who is trying to convict the popular boys and get them removed??? The football players who testified were promised immunity were they not?

Reactions: ITK

Yeah, her "friends" who convinced her to go to the party in the first place. They seem like great caring trustworthy people.

Everything just became more complicated once we started giving women rights.

Exactly how do you "basically ask for it" when you are passed out?

Still blows my mind that we're not even 100 years into allowing women to vote. Whenever ya think we're still a fucked up society, kinda nice to reflect upon just how quickly we've seemingly progressed.

Exactly how do you "basically ask for it" when you are passed out?

Well, her "friends" said she was not passed out and I believe that was the wording they used. They may have just said she was asking for it.

I enjoyed the condescending question though. Expected nothing less.

Isn't it normal to charge them with that to get them to plead to the max of another crime?

didn't they get off very lightly?

From what I know, I think the whole case was handled wrong. This entire case should have been brought to a grand jury and have them decide who they want to indict and for what. Sounds like there should have been a lot more than two defendants. And all should have been tried as adults. To say they got off lightly is an understatement. But, that was a foregone conclusion once they kept the case in juvenile court. I would be curious to know whether their sex offender registration in Ohio follows them around for the rest of their life or just until their 21.

so only 2 guys of the group (and black guys to boot) were found guilty...and they were guilty of finger banging. Glad somebody's going to jail for this, but it hardly seems like full justice was meted out.

as far as registration goes I think the judge said he would decide after they serve their sentence which probably means he will not order them to register. so apparently in juvenile cases the judge has discretion I guess

Well, her "friends" said she was not passed out and I believe that was the wording they used. They may have just said she was asking for it.

I enjoyed the condescending question though. Expected nothing less.

60466986570.jpg

There were tweets and video suggesting she was unconscious.

so only 2 guys of the group (and black guys to boot) were found guilty...and they were guilty of finger banging. Glad somebody's going to jail for this, but it hardly seems like full justice was meted out.

One was black and one was white. She showered before the police examined her and didn't go to the hospital immediately. Its likely there was more than finger banging going on, the police confiscated a blanket that had one dude's semen on it. She also may have been drugged, or not.

Last edited:
Since it wasn't charged can they still be tried for kidnapping or false imprisonment?

Back