• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

Probably has something to do with Atlanta neighborhoods, RIGHT 94?!?!?

AMC today announced that it has placed an initial two-season order for a companion series to The Walking Dead, the #1 show on television among adults 18-49 for going on three seasons.

The new series (title to be announced) will be set in Los Angeles and focused on new characters and storylines. The show’s first season will consist of six one-hour episodes and premiere on AMC in late summer. The show’s second season will air in 2016.
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2015/03/amc-announces-two-season-order-for-the-walking-dead-companion-series/

so with a new series do they start out "z day 1" or do they start out "today?" interesting to see if they just jump right in. we all know how it happened, sort of, from walking dead. i'm thinking jump in present day zombi apocalypse and show some origin stuff in limited flashbacks.

Holy shit we've had some up close and bloody death on display tonight ... Get up and move Glenn!

I like how the walkers Eugene lured away just vanished.

I figure A is for Alexandria.

Maybe W is for Washington. Like they have a big football rivalry and instead of burning letters into the 50 yard line as a prank, they just carve W's into zombie heads and sic the zombies onto Alexandria.

so with a new series do they start out "z day 1" or do they start out "today?" interesting to see if they just jump right in. we all know how it happened, sort of, from walking dead. i'm thinking jump in present day zombi apocalypse and show some origin stuff in limited flashbacks.

I guess I missed this. I know everyone is already exposed to it but did they discuss how they were exposed to it or why? Was this in the CDC episodes?

I guess I missed this. I know everyone is already exposed to it but did they discuss how they were exposed to it or why? Was this in the CDC episodes?

No. There's never been an explanation about what happened or why.

Regarding Daryl's bike. I always wondered why it's OK for him to ride the loudest bike possible. Surely they've run across a Honda or something a bit quieter.

Rick: Daryl, we need to do a supply run.
Daryl: OK Rick. (gets on bike, starts it up. Blam! Blam! Block! Block! Block!, rides off)

Regarding Daryl's bike. I always wondered why it's OK for him to ride the loudest bike possible. Surely they've run across a Honda or something a bit quieter.

i had this same thought...

The bike's noise was nothing compared to the van pumping out the dubstep in the trunk of funk.

Probably a good reason to have the spin off start from the beginning.

We know everyone has the zombie virus (or whatever it is) inside you already. Kirkman has said he is not interested in explaining the how/why in greater detail. If that remains the case not sure you need to start from the beginning with the first out break. I can see jumping in with the action already in place. Probably does not matter long term and could be good either way.

I just watched this episode and can't believe they still kill of every black guy. Guess preacher Man better hope there are no black men in town.

I think Kirkman was talking about expanding on how/why in TWD series. I can't imagine they would make 2 shows basically identical but with different sets of characters. But then again there are the whole CSI series.

I'm slightly disappointed with the direction. Would have preferred to have seen the downfall of society from a government/military perspective. Or even a different country.

Back