• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

The only comparable GoT scene I can think of is when the Mountain digs his thumbs all up in the Vipers eyes. But that wasn't as bad as heads bashed in by a barbed wire covered bat. What other scenes were this gory in your opinion? (serious question... its possible I've blocked them out)

For the initiated, the other death scenes that were filmed are out there to be see. Maggie filmed one herself.

The only comparable GoT scene I can think of is when the Mountain digs his thumbs all up in the Vipers eyes. But that wasn't as bad as heads bashed in by a barbed wire covered bat. What other scenes were this gory in your opinion? (serious question... its possible I've blocked them out)

Pretty on par I'd say with the dude who got beheaded with the sword. Ser Rodrik or something like that? I'm not really a GoT fan, but I catch some of it when my wife watches.

Pretty on par I'd say with the dude who got beheaded with the sword. Ser Rodrik or something like that? I'm not really a GoT fan, but I catch some of it when my wife watches.

Give me a beheading any day of the week over the shit I saw last night. Not even close

Watched it last night after somehow avoiding what happened all day yesterday. Extremely gruesome and as I was watching I thought to myself I guess I should have expected this and it was weird that for some reason I had been anticipating an episode where I see characters I've spent years with get horrifically murdered. I think for me I'll watch until Neegan gets got (because the episode did succeed in making the audience hate him) but after that I think that might be enough for me unless AMC announces when the show will end.

For the initiated, the other death scenes that were filmed are out there to be see. Maggie filmed one herself.

Did they film a bunch so that the real one wouldn't leak? Pretty good to cover their asses that way. (note: I didn't watch Talking Dead in case they covered this there)

Did they film a bunch so that the real one wouldn't leak? Pretty good to cover their asses that way. (note: I didn't watch Talking Dead in case they covered this there)

They filmed death scenes for everyone, if I understood correctly.

Asked my wife if she wanted me to go out like Glenn or like Abraham. She picked "suck my nuts." That is why she is awesome.

I really didn't think it was that bad. Beyond Glenn stuttering to Maggie and his body twitching, it was just Negan swinging a bad and not really seeing much but a mess on the ground.

It was intense as fuck, and the character building of Negan with Rick and almost forcing him to chop his own son's arm off was just amazing.

Really well done episode, but I don't see how Rick is going to keep his promise to Negan. Though I hope its long and drawn out torture, where everyone gets a go at him.

I tend to dread watching this show because it's basically just a show about death, but the writers really know how to tug at your other emotions besides disgust.

I didn't think it was the worst either, the Mountain vs Oberyn was worse IMO. Hopefully this season has some plot action and stuff happening instead of several episodes of the the dazed characters coming to grips with working for negan.

I didn't think it was the worst either, the Mountain vs Oberyn was worse IMO. Hopefully this season has some plot action and stuff happening instead of several episodes of the the dazed characters coming to grips with working for negan.

I wouldn't waste too much hope on that one.

I wouldn't waste too much hope on that one.

That's a reason this episode really didn't land for me. I was thinking ahead figuring they'd milk this episode Hershel farm style for way too long. Would have been better to end last season with this episode and then start this season with a fresh story.

And that was on HBO where you're used to them being able to get away with more.

I think there is a certain safety blanket about this being on cable TV that there are lines they can't cross.

Back