• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead Season THREE Thread!!!

I watched the last episode last night and I got actually got pretty bored with it about halfway through. I was thinking about my problem with the show now and how it went from being one of my favorites to just okay (in my eyes). I think what made the show so compelling and intense in the first season was a well-done combination of human interaction and zombie threat. You never knew who was going to be killed off, and characters were dropping left and right. The zombies were a legitimate threat, and if a pack of them found the humans, shit was about to get real.

As the series has progressed, the zombies have become less and less of a threat. And yes, I realize the show isn't ABOUT zombies and I'm not asking for run-and-gun action all the time. But the zombies HAVE to be threatening or you lose all the suspense. If fucking Andrea can walk all the way through town with a pocket knife and dispose of every zombie around like they were no big deal, why would anybody be worried about the zombies? She gets trapped up against a tree by 3 zombies without a weapon in hand and yet fights all of them off? What the fuck is that? In season one her throat would be ripped out and she'd be gone. Why would the audience even care about the zombies anymore? They've become like jobbers in wrestling.

The unpredictability also seems to be missing. You knew during that entire 20-minute chase scene that the Governor wasn't going to kill Andrea. You knew Andrea wasn't going to kill the Governor. You knew how it'd likely play out. So between the lack of unpredictability and the lack of zombie threat, it basically just plays out like a run of the mill drama. I'm not sure if the Governor was written better in the comics, but his TV persona is played out and stale. I'm just ready for this whole Woodbury storyline to finish. I hope it doesn't drag into season four.

That was the worst part of the episode for me. Those walkers were extremely docile. What happened to the type that ripped open Dale's chest? Andrea is just [Redacted] bad; she needs to resign from the show.

I watched the last episode last night and I got actually got pretty bored with it about halfway through. I was thinking about my problem with the show now and how it went from being one of my favorites to just okay (in my eyes). I think what made the show so compelling and intense in the first season was a well-done combination of human interaction and zombie threat. You never knew who was going to be killed off, and characters were dropping left and right. The zombies were a legitimate threat, and if a pack of them found the humans, shit was about to get real.

As the series has progressed, the zombies have become less and less of a threat. And yes, I realize the show isn't ABOUT zombies and I'm not asking for run-and-gun action all the time. But the zombies HAVE to be threatening or you lose all the suspense. If fucking Andrea can walk all the way through town with a pocket knife and dispose of every zombie around like they were no big deal, why would anybody be worried about the zombies? She gets trapped up against a tree by 3 zombies without a weapon in hand and yet fights all of them off? What the fuck is that? In season one her throat would be ripped out and she'd be gone. Why would the audience even care about the zombies anymore? They've become like jobbers in wrestling.

The unpredictability also seems to be missing. You knew during that entire 20-minute chase scene that the Governor wasn't going to kill Andrea. You knew Andrea wasn't going to kill the Governor. You knew how it'd likely play out. So between the lack of unpredictability and the lack of zombie threat, it basically just plays out like a run of the mill drama. I'm not sure if the Governor was written better in the comics, but his TV persona is played out and stale. I'm just ready for this whole Woodbury storyline to finish. I hope it doesn't drag into season four.
The governor was better in the comics. He has been neutered in the TV show. Not really surprising, but still disappointing.

I think they are stretching storylines over too many episodes. They could have done the farm and the prison all of last season and be on to the next storyline by now.

I called bullshit about 100 times this ep. Gov is driving around in a jacked up redneck mobile with a loud ass Flowmaster and parks right next to the building Andrea's hiding in- and she just strolls along, no hurry. Then, after getting out of loudass redneck mobile, he's whistling and shattering windows like Hans in Die Hard. But the walkers only jump on his ass after Andrea tosses open a door.

And then- how the fuck does he get through that? T-Dog was armed out the ass and twice as big as Gov and got chomped. Bullshit.

My major compliant about this show is that the walkers go from being so goddamed loud and give-a-fuck-noisy that from the prison, you can hear them at 100 yards. Yet Andrea, walking in open woods, clear of underbursh, in the afternoon, can't hear or see the one behind the tree she's resting against. Or the Gov- who obviously had to run through the woods- crashing through leaves and sticks to catch her. You just don't get within 20 feet of people in the woods like that. It's tiresome when it's repeatedly used as a plot device.

I can't wait to see the "fucking asshole" look Andrea will lay on Milton now that she's strapped into the Gov's happy chair- borrowed from Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man. Like Michael "Merle" Rooker said- expect the unexpected in the final episode. Some people are checking out.

Sorry for your disappointment, but not enough people are checking out and it is still the most watched show on television. I can give you some Merle spoilers if you want. I just found them out yesterday.

They did say that they planned to make the zombies more threatening next season. I believe the new showrunner is leading that charge.

And why are all those biters hanging out in that abandoned factory anyways? There ain't no people in there...they just get in there and get trapped?

It looked like they were trapped upstairs. Maybe someone trapped a group or maybe some survivors died up there it is one of those you guess things.

Does anyone else notice the storyline between Tyrese and his white companion is exactly the same storyline as when Michonne and Andrea first got to Woodbury? It's the most blatantly recycled thing I've ever seen.

Tyrese/Michonne: I don't have a good feeling about this place.
White Guy/Andrea: But it's awesome! Don't fuck this up!
Tyrese/Michonne: They kill people and are genuinely bad guys!
White Guy/Andrea: But they've got beds and guns and shit! We'll be safe here!

andrea is so funny. i swear this exchange happens every episode:

Character: Andrea, [give/do this]
Andrea: NO
Character: um, yes.
Andrea: ok

Sorry for your disappointment, but not enough people are checking out and it is still the most watched show on television. I can give you some Merle spoilers if you want. I just found them out yesterday.

Yeah, Allie is indeed wired. There are definitely issues arising for a major character. And based on one of the show's important (semi?) actor's news of signing on with another TV show, at least two characters will likely be done this season. I'm betting the latter is done-in because of Andrea.

Really, bro, you're going to take a diamond ring from a walker?

That's super cheating dude.

I don't know anything about the comics, so maybe this is totally off, but I think the Governor is going to end up taking the baby somehow as a cliffhanger.

predictions for whose gonna die next week?

I am kind of worried that the engagement marks the end of Glen and Maggie.

But I think Carol is a goner, Herschel, Beth, and one other are going to be killed off.

I don't know anything about the comics, so maybe this is totally off, but I think the Governor is going to end up taking the baby somehow as a cliffhanger.

From my understanding the Governor/Prison sequence ends this season. Governor dead that over with I believe.

Back