• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Wall, Believe Me

And the goalposts move. I thought the problem was lone journalists can make up stories on their own!

Corroborating sources and stories is journalism 101. You just want there to be a story where there isn't and you're buying into Donald's manipulation techniques hook line and sinker. It's sad.

I'm not buying into Donald's takes at all. I go to CNN and it seems like the world is ending. Then I go outside and the world isn't ending. Who is buying into who?

And there's a bit of a difference between Trump and Fascism. He's not trying to control his citizens. He just wants to be will liked.

I'm not buying into Donald's takes at all. I go to CNN and it seems like the world is ending. Then I go outside and the world isn't ending. Who is buying into who?

CNN blew a 3-1 lead.

I'm not sure if it's in the article or not, but there are several parcels of land along the US/Mexican border that are owned by Native American Tribal Nations. Trump can't exercise eminent domain on these properties as they are parts of sovereign, non-US nations.

Lol. Tribal "sovereignty" is pretty much completely at the discretion of the federal government. The feds can do whatever they want to it. It's the states that can't use eminent domain on them.

Palma you should check out the political pundit/author Tom Nichols @radiofreetom he's a moderate conservative professor at the Naval War College that thinks Trump is a dumbass, but also makes fun of liberals panicking about Trump. I don't always agree with him, but I think he is a very informative and insightful.

Palma you should check out the political pundit/author Tom Nichols @radiofreetom he's a moderate conservative professor at the Naval War College that thinks Trump is a dumbass, but also makes fun of liberals panicking about Trump. I don't always agree with him, but I think he is a very informative and insightful.

Not sure how much I want to dive into the world of politics. I don't really think I troll (sometimes I do but I think those are blatantly obvious and in a joking manner), but I do like arguing against the majority in general, and the majority on here are condescending liberals to any conservative viewpoint, even if personally I'm a liberal and more of an open borders kinda guy.

Can't say I'm not a little panicked after yesterday, though. I was hoping he was a trolling genius that wouldn't be a 100% egomaniac after he became the most powerful person in the world, but apparently he still manages to lack actual confidence, which is going to end up undermining the things I think he could do which would create some good.

Last edited:
Not sure how much I want to dive into the world of politics. I don't really think I troll (sometimes I do but I think those are blatantly obvious and in a joking manner), but I do like arguing against the majority in general, and the majority on here are condescending liberals to any conservative viewpoint, even if personally I'm a liberal and more of an open borders kinda guy.

Can't say I'm not a little panicked after yesterday, though. I was hoping he was a trolling genius that wouldn't be a 100% egomaniac after he became the most powerful person in the world, but apparently he still manages to lack actual confidence, which is going to end up undermining the things I think he could do which would create some good.
I don't consider a well meaning curated twitter feed to be a deep dive at all. Twitter is probably the best and most efficient way to get multiple valid perspectives on the most relevant news. Admittedly I avoid the most red meat sources, but I follow multiple "expert" sources like Tom that I disagree with frequently. This is a list of the most interesting and even-handed Twitter (frequent tweeters) accounts that I follow:

@zekemiller - Time magazine WH correspondent

@benjacobs - political reporter from The Guardian

@ggreenwald - journalist from Intercept

@chris_arnade - former Wall St trader turned poverty journalist

@sahilkapur - political reporter for Bloomberg

@david_boaz - VP of CATO institute

@johnstossel - Fox Business reporter/big time libertarian

@radiofreetom - moderate conservative author/academic

yah, for some reason my twitter account which I never posted on once got flagged for violating some rules and I never bothered to figure out how to get it unbanned, so I've never had twitter.

yah, for some reason my twitter account which I never posted on once got flagged for violating some rules and I never bothered to figure out how to get it unbanned, so I've never had twitter.
Twitter is the fucking best, it takes every good part of the internet and social media and boils it down to text messages from only people you want to get text messages from.

Arguing for the sake of arguing, especially when you don't even bother to learn about what you are arguing, is the definition of trolling.

"this is a military operation"

and then promptly went back to banging two toy tanks together making explosion noises with his mouth

giphy.gif

Words matter, you piece of shit.

And there's a bit of a difference between Trump and Fascism. He's not trying to control his citizens. He just wants to be will liked.

I can't get on board with this with all of his denigration of the media and that free press is "the enemy of the people" talk. That's fascism.

Twitter is the fucking best, it takes every good part of the internet and social media and boils it down to text messages from only people you want to get text messages from.

It's a great echo chamber for most but I certainly love how quickly you can be informed of current events

Maybe the concept of punishing their children will have the desired effect of scaring them not to come here illegally with children. Kinda like how Victor Drazen almost got Jack Bauer to kill then Senator Palmer.

Back