• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"There are a lot of unhappy people in this world."

WakeHornet

Reaction score
Bret Strelow ‏@bretstrelow

Asked generally about fan behavior, Jeff [Redacted] calls it Twitter muscle. "There are a lot of unhappy people in this world."

There were unhappy people in Denver, Colorado Springs, Boulder, and, by sheer coincidence, Winston-Salem. Odd.

I don't see why we're even reacting to this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said here.

my reaction is disbelief that he would say it. just another example of his lack of media savvy. it also is clear evidence that he is really feeling the heat.

There are indeed a lot of unhappy people in this world, and before Jeff [Redacted] accepted our head coaching position, a few thousand of them used to follow Wake basketball to make them feel happier.

my reaction is disbelief that he would say it. just another example of his lack of media savvy. it also is clear evidence that he is really feeling the heat.

I'm pretty sure he was asked this in the context of the Marcus Smart incident and fan behavior.

I don't see why we're even reacting to this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said here.

Well the insinuation he has is that it isn't the actual fans, it's just people on twitter being dumb.

Yes there are unhappy people in the world, and he's saying it's the Wake fans who take to twitter who are those people. It's just generally not a good idea to say there are unhappy people in the world about your fanbase.

I agree it's not a huge deal, it's just another example that [Redacted] has no idea how to be a normal person.

I'm pretty sure he was asked this in the context of the Marcus Smart incident and fan behavior.

Oh I thought it was just in general being asked about the Wake game.

If that's the case then this doesn't really matter. I thought it was unprompted and talking about the Wake-State matchup

i don't see why this is news. if you want to openly believe that humans are innately unhappy, so be it. i don't see why you need to have a press conference about it.

JP Mundy should in no way be representing Wake on any level:

Check out his twitter feed. Gross.

Back