• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"There are a lot of unhappy people in this world."

Christ, I hate to keep bringing him but in this context, it's fitting: Skip's shoes are still sitting there unfilled.

Wake needs a known, "name" coach, who is a personality and familiar to the media and fans in general. We need a guy with Skip's integrity and a guy like Bruce Pearl's charisma and fan engagement. I'm definitely not calling for Pearl and his dirty laundry but fans and players gravitate towards a coach who has a presence and savvy to be likeable. Combine that with an ability to win, say... more than 2 road games in almost half a decade... and you've got the guy who can remedy what ails Wake. We'll get back to giving a shit about a 15 point loss to NC State. We'll be pissed and have meltdowns and piss and moan and the coach will have a presser that addresses what we want to hear and in a way that says "I hate this loss and we'll work harder and recruit and have pie with the students in the Pit on Tuesday."

Christ, I hate to keep bringing him but in this context, it's fitting: Skip's shoes are still sitting there unfilled.

Wake needs a known, "name" coach, who is a personality and familiar to the media and fans in general. We need a guy with Skip's integrity and a guy like Bruce Pearl's charisma and fan engagement. I'm definitely not calling for Pearl and his dirty laundry but fans and players gravitate towards a coach who has a presence and savvy to be likeable. Combine that with an ability to win, say... more than 2 road games in almost half a decade... and you've got the guy who can remedy what ails Wake. We'll get back to giving a shit about a 15 point loss to NC State. We'll be pissed and have meltdowns and piss and moan and the coach will have a presser that addresses what we want to hear and in a way that says "I hate this loss and we'll work harder and recruit and have pie with the students in the Pit on Tuesday."

We might even start bitching about the refs again. When was the last time that happened on this board?

We might even start bitching about the refs again. When was the last time that happened on this board?
Last time we played State there was a lot of bitching. CMM traveled on the game winning shot. I think it's an underrated candidate for rock bottom; when has a fanbase believed their own player committed a travel on a game winning shot?

Consult your syllabus.

Back