• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"There are a lot of unhappy people in this world."

It's not worthless to someone with a subscription who can tell us what it says.

Bzzz knows all about unhappy people. They follow him where he goes.

Would you rather:

1) Have Buz as our coach for 10 more seasons

or

2) Have 10 dicks on your hands instead of fingers

????

The use of social media between Coach Claw and staff vs. Buzzkill and Grobie is so striking. Hey earth is flatters, welcome to the 21st century and how to recruit kids.

This thread is awesome. I am very excited about Coach Clawson.

Once we get a new basketball coach that guy is going to have to do a lot of bad stuff for any of us to dislike him. That's the only good thing about the Buzz era. The new guy is going to have a serious honeymoon with the fan base.

I agree that the new coach will have a serious honeymoon as long as he has a background that proves he is worth waiting for. I can't take another crappy hire.

I agree that the new coach will have a serious honeymoon as long as he has a background that proves he is worth waiting for. I can't take another crappy hire.

The program won't recover, imo. We'll become the East Coast equivalent of Northwestern.

I don't know that honeymoon is the right term. Any cadaver will be an improvement over Buzzdick. But the challenge facing Ron and a new coach is getting us to be excited again. If Ron is able to get a White or a Lonergan, that might not be too difficult a challenge. But I don't have faith he'll make a good hire. If he makes a mediocre hire, I foresee continued apathy from the fan base, and I agree with Gaudino that we might not recover.

I don't know that honeymoon is the right term. Any cadaver will be an improvement over Buzzdick. But the challenge facing Ron and a new coach is getting us to be excited again. If Ron is able to get a White or a Lonergan, that might not be too difficult a challenge. But I don't have faith he'll make a good hire. If he makes a mediocre hire, I foresee continued apathy from the fan base, and I agree with Gaudino that we might not recover.

We recover with a great hire. A mediocre hire won't get it done. Clawson has shown how quickly apathy can change into excitement. We need to hire a new coach and we need 2-3 kids to transfer out of the big class. If that happens and we are able to sneak above the rpi quotient then we have a chance because the new coach can come in and sign a nice 3 man class his first year and being in 2 big men and a shooter that can play. We have some decent pieces. We just need some 2015 scholarships and a new coach.

And I don't think it takes long if the product is something to be proud of. We are all apathetic because we are not sure if Bz will be fired or not. So we approach games with hesitancy not knowing who to cheer for. Give us a coach who can win and who can represent the competent and respectful school we love and the fans will return. Win the students, win the community.

Last edited:
I am a much better father and husband without the distraction of 4-5 hours of basketball to watch each week.

I'm pretty sure he was asked this in the context of the Marcus Smart incident and fan behavior.

Yeah but Brett's dumb ass response was "DUHH WHUD YA MEAN CONTEXT I GAVE YOU THE CONTEXT. GENERAL DUH CONTEXT"

The program won't recover, imo. We'll become the East Coast equivalent of Northwestern.

Northwestern is a better program than Wake right now. They have more road conference wins (and signature wins, at that) in Collins' first year than Bz has in four years.

I am a much better father and husband without the distraction of 4-5 hours of basketball to watch each week.

Yep. Went to the State Fair last night. Checked the score a few times. That's it.

Back