• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"There are a lot of unhappy people in this world."

I've seen a fictitious thing roaming the Joel sidelines for 4 years now.

ydPVeEL.jpg

The full quote is worse than the original blurb. Why was this question even asked in the first place? The reporter knew where this would go and then quasi defends [Redacted]'s statement after the fact on twitter. Just ridiculous.

It's crystal clear that [Redacted] is talking about the Wake fanbase in some regard. Maybe not directly but it's obviously to some degree about Wake.

stop complaining about how bad bzz and wf basketball is and there is no reason to talk about it at all. apathy truly sets in and everyone goes home. not one bothers with bball and it's dead.

it is far easier to get angry fans back involved (with a good hire etc) than it is to get those that stopped caring interested again. it's been said before but wellman could have lost wake several years of young kids and young alumni that will be tomorrow's fans and big donors.

I graduated in 2010 so Wake was pretty good during my time in school, plus I've been a fan for my entire life. But I agree that many people in school now who didn't follow or root for the program previously have to feel alienated at this point.

You guys are the reason Overalls has to sit alone at games. Shame on you.

So that balding, creepy, old guy, piece of shit, horrible writer/blogger/debater who blogs with a bunch of 20 year olds Mundy doesn't like personal attacks. Noted.

Fuck you Jeff [Redacted], I hope your micropenis grows just enough to choke Mundy out with.

Buzz's full quote:

“We live in a world today where so many people have the Twitter muscle, I call it. They hide behind Twitter, blogs and fictitious things. They say whatever the heck they want to say. So everybody’s got that kind of internet, Twitter courage muscle. Let’s be honest. There’s a lot of unhappy people in this world because of jobs, their own personal life, whatever. You’ve got people that are very, very emotional. Trust me, as a coach, I hear stuff that’s amazing. It’s amazing the stuff that I hear. I just choose to ignore it.

“For young people, for anybody, it is hard to ignore it because you hear some amazing things where you personally get attacked. Honestly, I feel bad for a young man like Marcus Smart. I really do, because he’s trying to play hard and he’s trying to play with great emotion. It’s hard sometimes to control it when you’re confronted.”

LOLOL

I understand Marcus Smart being upset if the fan tossed a racial epithet at him. Like when that UVA fan made the crackhead parent comment to Juan Dixon. He said he felt like going into the stands after that guy. But he didn't. And that's the point. You don't go into the stands after a fan. That second paragraph is a terrible message from a coach. He's excusing a player's inability to control his temper. Another part of his job as a coach is to get his players to control their behavior. Is it any wonder that Devin Thomas has developed no self control in 2 seasons? And I bet Devin does if he has the opportunity of playing for a new coach next season. Buzzdick deflects blame and takes no responsibility. Why should we expect accountability out of his players?

There is literally no part of his job that Buzzdick performs adequately. None.

Bzz has ZERO media training. Why the hell would he answer a question like that?

original.jpg

Buzz's full quote:

“We live in a world today where so many people have the Twitter muscle, I call it. They hide behind Twitter, blogs and fictitious things. They say whatever the heck they want to say. So everybody’s got that kind of internet, Twitter courage muscle. Let’s be honest. There’s a lot of unhappy people in this world because of jobs, their own personal life, whatever. You’ve got people that are very, very emotional. Trust me, as a coach, I hear stuff that’s amazing. It’s amazing the stuff that I hear. I just choose to ignore it.

“For young people, for anybody, it is hard to ignore it because you hear some amazing things where you personally get attacked. Honestly, I feel bad for a young man like Marcus Smart. I really do, because he’s trying to play hard and he’s trying to play with great emotion. It’s hard sometimes to control it when you’re confronted.”

LOLOL

Jeff [Redacted]'s inability to express himself eloquently and coherently remains as persistent as ever.

Somebody tell me this, how many rocks did Wellman have to turn over to find this guy?

I understand Marcus Smart being upset if the fan tossed a racial epithet at him. Like when that UVA fan made the crackhead parent comment to Juan Dixon. He said he felt like going into the stands after that guy. But he didn't. And that's the point. You don't go into the stands after a fan. That second paragraph is a terrible message from a coach. He's excusing a player's inability to control his temper. Another part of his job as a coach is to get his players to control their behavior. Is it any wonder that Devin Thomas has developed no self control in 2 seasons? And I bet Devin does if he has the opportunity of playing for a new coach next season. Buzzdick deflects blame and takes no responsibility. Why should we expect accountability out of his players?

There is literally no part of his job that Buzzdick performs adequately. None.

This is the worst thing. Everyone here wants a "good culture" around the basketball program. the only question is the definition of "good culture." we had it under every former coach. if you look past the wellman smokescreen you quickly realize bzz has serious character flaws and those are rubbing off on some of the kids. why in the world the BOT and hatch do not see it and challenge wellman about it is amazing.

The fictitious thing is that most fans devastated by the collapse of the program are only flexing "Twitter muscle" and wouldn't stand up to Buzz and Wellman face-to-face about this crap. Unreal.

Buzz's full quote:

LOLOL

I'd like to believe my bzzout membership is well-verified at this point, but I don't have any problem with the quote. I thought the second paragraph was about as human as I have heard Coach [Redacted] sound in the 4 years he has been here.

It would truly be hilarious if [Redacted] was being interviewed and just went off on WF fans. "That bunch of silver-spooned, trust-fund, spoiled brats don't deserve a good coach like me. I'm trying to make a culture shift and all they want to do is talk about wins. Miserable lot."

The enraged frenzy would be epic.

You mean he would channel is inner BKF?

All of your recruits are fictitious things, Buzz. Do Rondale and Cornelius even exist?

I'm not unhappy, life is going great. You just make people who know I went to Wake into massive shittalkers. Thanks buddy.

I am so sick of bitching about this clown. Can it be mid march yet?

I'd like to believe my bzzout membership is well-verified at this point, but I don't have any problem with the quote. I thought the second paragraph was about as human as I have heard Coach [Redacted] sound in the 4 years he has been here.

Yeah maybe I'm overly cynical at this point. Strikes me as though he's talking about himself and his team and just subbing "smart" in as a proxy.

Yeah maybe I'm overly cynical at this point. Strikes me as though he's talking about himself and his team and just subbing "smart" in as a proxy.

I definitely read it as [Redacted] trying to subtlety make this about himself and our team as well. Then he remembered the question and got back on topic there at the end.

SAVED IT!

The first paragraph sounds like he is saying the most ardent BzOuters are just jealous losers.

Last edited:
Back