• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This season is on Ron Wellman

FreeStateDeac

Reaction score
The Danny Manning hire may turn out to be good. Or not. Based on this season, we just don't know.

What we do know is that this pathetic season (a tournament loss to the worst team in the league, 2 of the worst losses in history, complete collapse over the past month) is not on Danny Manning, it is on Ron Wellman.

This was the year when the full fruits of the Jeff [name redacted] hire were supposed to be evident.

This was the year that the brilliance of the [name redacted] hire was supposed to be evident to all the doubters and haters.

This was the year that Ron promised would see the return of Wake basketball to our "historical competitiveness."

Anyone who watched Ron's press conference last spring firing Bz saw Wellman in full arrogance. He was obviously bitter and resentful that he had been forced to fire Bz by pressure from an ungrateful and ignorant fan base. There was no admission that the hire was wrong, or even that it just did not work out. Instead there was defiance aimed at a fan base that just was not capable of perceiving Ron's brilliance in hiring Bz and that fan base's refusal to wait for the glory of that hire to become obvious to all.

This was the year all the doubters were supposed to be proved wrong.

Instead, this year we see that the program that Bz was building with Ron's full support is a dumpster fire, a roster full of players that no one could win with.

Don't blame Danny Manning. This year is on Ron Wellman.

I'd love to know what Ron Wellman is evaluated on. What are his metrics? Attendance numbers? Fundraising dollars?

I'd also like to know how many times in the last 15 years, we've lost in the first round of the ACC tournament. By memory alone, I can count 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Last edited:
He needs to go yesterday. I like Manning. Not Wellman.

That presser was something to watch. Ron never backed down in his support of his BFF and you could tell that he was being forced to take action. Time to fire his smug ass.

Creamy Goodness repped me and asked if I was "5'9" yet" I don't see the relevance but I've been 5'9" for quite some time. Solid analysis from someone who has continually exhibited great judgment.

Example 1: supporting he who shall not be named despite consistent and persuasive analysis that he was an absolutely horrible coach who had no business coaching in the ACC

Example 2: his insistence that despite the fact that a snow storm which took up literally one-third of the entire United States was coming to hit North Carolina that "since it was 40 degrees and sunny today at [his] office, it can't possibly snow tomorrow! [He] will believe it when [he] sees it!111" Ten inches hit Winston within 12 hours of his ill-timed comment.

Shall we continue? With any basic research given your horrendous track record to start with we should be able to uncover a litany of moronic, idiotic, and absolutely stupid comments that you've dropped with an insanely consistent timing on here.

Creamy Goodness is just an idiot. That is all I have to say about that.

Wellman isn't innocent, but I really feel the change in direction for basketball came from the tip top.

I can see someone taking a swing at him for destroying Wake basketball.

Is big change on the horizon? I don't think so from what I've heard other than everyone may go down with the ship in a couple years when people are ready to retire.

Creamy Goodness repped me and asked if I was "5'9" yet" I don't see the relevance but I've been 5'9" for quite some time. Solid analysis from someone who has continually exhibited great judgment.

Example 1: supporting he who shall not be named despite consistent and persuasive analysis that he was an absolutely horrible coach who had no business coaching in the ACC

Example 2: his insistence that despite the fact that a snow storm which took up literally one-third of the entire United States was coming to hit North Carolina that "since it was 40 degrees and sunny today at [his] office, it can't possibly snow tomorrow! [He] will believe it when [he] sees it!111" Ten inches hit Winston within 12 hours of his ill-timed comment.

Shall we continue? With any basic research given your horrendous track record to start with we should be able to uncover a litany of moronic, idiotic, and absolutely stupid comments that you've dropped with an insanely consistent timing on here.

Overreaction to rep? Check. A thousand words when ten will do? Check. Anecdotes no one else remembers? Check.

Nonsense ninja's finest work

Back