• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This season is on Ron Wellman

Wellman and Hatch can both go, Hatch needs to go for allowing Wellman to stay.

#wellmanout. Nothing else to say. Stunning what he's done to our program.

Clownshoes thread. Jesus! This season! Much more than that.

Last edited:
I don't think wellman is going anywhere until both manning and clawson have a few years in. Those two need to feel like they're going to get a fair shot, and any new AD wouldn't be bound to those two hires. I realize that a new AD could offer reassurances, but that's easier said than done.

Pretty happy with the DM and Claw hires, but otherwise Ron has just stolen money from Wake Forest the last decade.

do you mean he is going to milk us for more money?

I don't think wellman is going anywhere until both manning and clawson have a few years in. Those two need to feel like they're going to get a fair shot, and any new AD wouldn't be bound to those two hires. I realize that a new AD could offer reassurances, but that's easier said than done.
Wait. You honestly believe Wellman has the best interest of others? In my best Cris Carter voice.... Come on man!!

How did you get that impression from my post? I said that retaining wellman for a few more years might be in our interests. Now whether or not he retires is a different matter. I see no incentive for him to do so unless it comes from above.

Again I ask - how is Wellman measured? It's crazy to pay him what we do for these results

I'd love to know what Ron Wellman is evaluated on. What are his metrics? Attendance numbers? Fundraising dollars?

I'd also like to know how many times in the last 15 years, we've lost in the first round of the ACC tournament. By memory alone, I can count 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Wellman's attendance numbers or the real attendance numbers?

Creamy Goodness repped me and asked if I was "5'9" yet" I don't see the relevance but I've been 5'9" for quite some time. Solid analysis from someone who has continually exhibited great judgment.

Example 1: supporting he who shall not be named despite consistent and persuasive analysis that he was an absolutely horrible coach who had no business coaching in the ACC

Example 2: his insistence that despite the fact that a snow storm which took up literally one-third of the entire United States was coming to hit North Carolina that "since it was 40 degrees and sunny today at [his] office, it can't possibly snow tomorrow! [He] will believe it when [he] sees it!111" Ten inches hit Winston within 12 hours of his ill-timed comment.

Shall we continue? With any basic research given your horrendous track record to start with we should be able to uncover a litany of moronic, idiotic, and absolutely stupid comments that you've dropped with an insanely consistent timing on here.

You're adorable when mad. Do you, or anyone for that matter really take me serious on these forums?

Last edited:
Back