• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This season is on Ron Wellman

How would you ever find out as long as Wellman is the chief?

This whole concept of "Wellman should retire" is pathetically comical. Wellman should be retired. Wellman should be fired.

The fact that so many of you are unable, or unwilling to grasp this is why he is still around to bleed Wake for even more millions until he decides to "retire."

ETA: Fucking clown shoes.

Last edited:
Has anyone researched how many employees are in the AD? It appears to be very bloated.

The entire university has become bloated with too many administrators since Hatch took over. That includes the Ath Dept.

Wellman should have retired years ago, but that does raise the problem of Hatch hiring the replacement.

Wake could do that. Not sure why it's not a fair comparison.

Wake absolutely could do that, but that would have nothing to do with Wellman - it's just increasing the budget. The whole Vandy lacks an Athletic Department is overblown anyway, they have the same athletic positions as almost every other school, they just call them something different and altered the reporting lines. And they hired an AD that doesn't have the same kind of athletic experience.

And it's working for them.

Vandy's AD is getting paid. 3.2mm a year according to a Business Insider article.

Over twice as much as 2nd highest paid AD.

Vandy is behind us in the director's cup standings in our worst performing season in years.

Well... director's cup is a nice vehicle to bash Wellman but if you're doing good in football and basketball it's not that critical to most fans. Up until maybe this year (I haven't seen how Vandy's done in basketball) they've been kicking our butts in their success with football, hoops and baseball. I know they crashed in football after losing their coach but I don't think citing relative director's cup scores changes Vandy's recent success.

I don't really consider baseball a relevant comparison of quality of AD as long as Vanderbilt funds their program with money for players and we don't. That is a decision that is made at the school administration level and pretty much guarantees they will have success in baseball and we won't.

They have done better than us in revenue sports the last few years. Before that it was us.

Back