• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This season is on Ron Wellman

Agreed wholeheartedly. It is people like Creamy that sabotaged Wake Forest sports. Don't blame Ron, blame his enablers like Creamy.

The destruction I've caused to this program over my lifetime is irreparable. Thank you for finally giving me credit where it's due.

On record: that Tagger is out of line. There are what the three amigos would call a plethora of better arguments to make than to resort to personal attacks on real people who have nothing to do with this topic.

If Wellman does retire, the change only becomes meaningful with a good (and hopefully great) hire. Hard to assess the best up and coming AD, but WF needs to hit a home run.

Why should Wellman retire? He already has on Wake Forest sports, except that he's just getting paid to be our defacto AD.

If Wellman does retire, the change only becomes meaningful with a good (and hopefully great) hire. Hard to assess the best up and coming AD, but WF needs to hit a home run.
To do what going forward to improve things? Hire new fball and bball coaches?

To do what going forward to improve things? Hire new fball and bball coaches?

Good point; maybe WF should just leave the job open, since the athletic department is humming on such a high level right now. :rolleyes:

That's the key. If WF hires a Wellman acolyte we're in for a world of hurt.

It's time for Wellman to move along. Our Director's Cup ranking speaks for that. Having said that, I, alongside many Wake fans are anticipating Clawson and Manning to turn out being very, good hires. If and when this is apparent, his legacy won't be as tarnished as many say it is.

It's time for Wellman to move along. Our Director's Cup ranking speaks for that. Having said that, I, alongside many Wake fans are anticipating Clawson and Manning to turn out being very, good hires. If and when this is apparent, his legacy won't be as tarnished as many say it is.

OH HEAVENS YES it will. His smug behavior for 4 years of [Redacted] negates anything that he has done.

Vanderbilt has shown that you don't need an AD and a bunch of brown nosers running around calling themselves the athletic department. We don't need Wellman or anyone like him. Vandy athletics has improved markedly across the board since merging the Ath Dept with the school.

More typical Creamy enablement. Ron Wellman's legacy will be forever tied to a devastating crony hire, and the destruction of the Wake Forest brand that ensued. Look no further than Dino's comments on our athletic department to be state of Wellman's legacy, toxic.

I personally am not shocked that so many in our fan base are more worried about some undeservingly rich OWG's legacy than the state of the sports program.

Vanderbilt has shown that you don't need an AD and a bunch of brown nosers running around calling themselves the athletic department. We don't need Wellman or anyone like him. Vandy athletics has improved markedly across the board since merging the Ath Dept with the school.

Amen.

Not really an apples to apples comparison. After removing Turner and merging the department, the university significantly increased their investment and budget for Athletics. That's what has helped Vandy turn things around. No comment on Williams.

Not really an apples to apples comparison. After removing Turner and merging the department, the university significantly increased their investment and budget for Athletics. That's what has helped Vandy turn things around. No comment on Williams.

Wake could do that. Not sure why it's not a fair comparison.

Wake could do that. Not sure why it's not a fair comparison.

Hell, the savings on Wellman's salary alone would be a significant investment back into Athletics.

Has anyone researched how many employees are in the AD? It appears to be very bloated.

Back