• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This Week's Sign That the Apocolypse Is Upon Us

88Deac

A.W. Hamilton
Reaction score
Bzzout Nation has fallen back to arguing why Wake is on the wrong side of the NCAA bubble. The "improvement" argument is officially abandoned.

And douchebags like Racerdeac were surely rooting against CMM to make those HUGE shots he took, and against Travis knocking down those HUGE foul shots. I don't get it and never will.

Here's a hint: Root for your team, and if they lose, analyze why and advocate a change, coaching or whatever; but NEVER root against your team. No character if you root against your team.

This team is turning out to be pretty decent, and is young and is getting better. The one thing we are REALLY missing is a strong ACC level "true" PG. Shelton is chomping at the bit....

Sorry Bzzout, but we are looking good, gaining confidence, and have a lot pieces where we can create matchup problems, and playing well and unselfishly. Emphasis on the unselfish part.

Right now, I think anyone who plays us has significant concerns, and rightfully so. Color me impressed with the methodical last few wins. We looked like we expected to win and are getting contributions from everywhere. We look like we are running downhill now. A tad overconfident right now. Who'd a thought. And Devin now a mid-range J threat, as well as Bill? And Travis playing with a huge sense of urgency? We can beat anyone.

Dare I say we were looking forward to Syracuse? I don't think we had any respect for ND. We were flat and still won.

Game on, Jimmy B....

I'm pulling for Wake and am pretty sure that even with 20 wins [Redacted] is donezo. No reason to pull against Wake because [Redacted] is who we know he is: a loser. He will lose, so there's no reason to pull against us.

Righteous fan alert!

The improvement is undeniable. Among other things, it's hard to not improve from #270, the worst team in ACC history.
The question is not improvement, but whether we are where we want to be and whether Bz is the guy to get us there.

I would hope you'd answer "no" to the first question, and would seriously question the sanity of anyone who answered yes to the second.

Last edited:
Fairly certain the team is winning in spite of [Redacted], and not because of him. In any case, you can never say a team is a good team until they can beat a decent opponent on the road. Still waiting on that. I appreciate CMM's clutch factor and Devin's intensity, and I would love to look forward to them having good coaching their last two seasons.

Bless your heart. The team is improved no doubt but nowhere near our level of "historical competitiveness." Buzz is taking advantage of a hilariously bad ACC this year. Our 4 ACC wins are a combined 6-19 in the ACC this year.

Well the ACC at large is not that bad, just that there are more teams which means there will more teams with more losses.

C'mon. You can do better than that. If I don't get at least 10 negreps, I've done something wrong.

Bless your heart. The team is improved no doubt but nowhere near our level of "historical competitiveness." Buzz is taking advantage of a hilariously bad ACC this year, as well as an extremely weak OOC schedule. Our 4 ACC wins are a combined 6-19 in the ACC this year.

FIFY

Bzzout Nation has fallen back to arguing why Wake is on the wrong side of the NCAA bubble. The "improvement" argument is officially abandoned.

And douchebags like Racerdeac were surely rooting against CMM to make those HUGE shots he took, and against Travis knocking down those HUGE foul shots. I don't get it and never will.

Here's a hint: Root for your team, and if they lose, analyze why and advocate a change, coaching or whatever; but NEVER root against your team. No character if you root against your team.

This team is turning out to be pretty decent, and is young and is getting better. The one thing we are REALLY missing is a strong ACC level "true" PG. Shelton is chomping at the bit....

Sorry Bzzout, but we are looking good, gaining confidence, and have a lot pieces where we can create matchup problems, and playing well and unselfishly. Emphasis on the unselfish part.

Right now, I think anyone who plays us has significant concerns, and rightfully so. Color me impressed with the methodical last few wins. We looked like we expected to win and are getting contributions from everywhere. We look like we are running downhill now. A tad overconfident right now. Who'd a thought. And Devin now a mid-range J threat, as well as Bill? And Travis playing with a huge sense of urgency? We can beat anyone.

Dare I say we were looking forward to Syracuse? I don't think we had any respect for ND. We were flat and still won.

Game on, Jimmy B....

Wait, so y'all #BuzzFappers like Travis again? And, Moto? And, Cav?

The list of players that you have torn down, only to throw back in the faces of folks who hate the asshole in the suit rather than the players in OG&B, is stunning.

I seem to remember this poster being convinced that the 09 team wasn't going to make the tourney with 2 weeks left in the season.

. In any case, you can never say a team is a good team until they can beat a decent opponent on the road.

When did that become the rule? You're saying a win doesn't count if the game is played at home? Fans of most teams prefer to win at home so the students and fans can enjoy it in person. Why are you guys suddenly trying to discredit Wake Forest home wins?

I got on Travis a bit because he is a senior and was concerned he wasn't showing up. And I wasn't alone. He appears to be back in the game now. Hell, Dan wrote an article about it, Bonner talked about it several times today, and Travis and Buzz both said they had a heart to heart about it.

Who else have I torn down, do tell?!?

I seem to remember this poster being convinced that the 09 team wasn't going to make the tourney with 2 weeks left in the season.

Fuck you. Going back 5 years. Never heard of odd snubs? We did NOT distinguish ourselves and could have been a team whining about a snub, as have many others... Didn't exactly run the table once we did get in.....

Wait, so y'all #BuzzFappers like Travis again? And, Moto? And, Cav?

The list of players that you have torn down, only to throw back in the faces of folks who hate the asshole in the suit rather than the players in OG&B, is stunning.

I'm waiting.....

Fuck you. Going back 5 years. Never heard of odd snubs? We did NOT distinguish ourselves and could have been a team whining about a snub, as have many others... Didn't exactly run the table once we did get in.....

LOL. I do give you props for not denying it. And such language........ Oh my!

The expression of righteous indignation in a thread where you are calling out the fanbase is a nice touch.

Last edited:
I got on Travis a bit because he is a senior and was concerned he wasn't showing up. And I wasn't alone. He appears to be back in the game now. Hell, Dan wrote an article about it, Bonner talked about it several times today, and Travis and Buzz both said they had a heart to heart about it.

Who else have I torn down, do tell?!?

I know you weren't and aren't alone. Your ilk has been crapping on the aforementioned guys on almost every basketball-related thread for the past two seasons. Cav and Moto have already made your ilk look like idiots. I'm thrilled to see that Travis has, too.

And "he was a senior and wasn't showing up" is bullshit. Watch the games. Not a whole lot has changed year-to-year with Travis. His possessions plummeted this year and instead of forcing shots, he was making passes (and good ones at that) to players actually being featured in the offense (the oft-maligned Moto and Cav perimeter-sets of the past two years come to mind) while being one of the better perimeter defenders on the floor at any given time. He wasn't scoring (and his perimeter shooting was down), but he was having one of the more efficient stretches in his career, while his willingness to pass the ball has made the Buzz offense look far more palatable than it deserves to look...

You're welcome to make excuses for why you were an anonymous asshat on a message board to a 22-year-old (much like the coach your ilk shills for), but the game tape is there and the facts stand.

Since you were so specific in your calling out Racer and the Buzzout nation, then I don't really think I have to be accurate in calling out you and the idiot fringe, who seem to think it's all right to blame players before blaming the idiot(s) that is/are responsible for developing and coaching them. Also, you'll also know that "you" is a versatile word insofar as it can refer to you, the righteously obnoxious Buzz Fapper, or the plural lot of you righteously obnoxious Buzz Fappers.

ETA: I hope the wait was worth it.

Last edited:
We have some tough games on the horizon. It's a little early in the game to crow about Bz's success. But I like the fact that the kids are starting to play with confidence. The next two weeks are going to say a lot about where this program really is.

When did that become the rule? You're saying a win doesn't count if the game is played at home? Fans of most teams prefer to win at home so the students and fans can enjoy it in person. Why are you guys suddenly trying to discredit Wake Forest home wins?

I didn't say that today's win didn't count. A mediocre team should win most games at home. A team needs to be good to win road games. I'm saying that if this team goes 8-10 in conference with the only road win being at a depleted VT team, then it is not a good team. It is a mediocre team. We should strive to be great, not be happy with just beating teams in the bottom half of the conference at home.

Were better in yr 4, bu still not close to where we were with Dino.

Back