• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This Week's Sign That the Apocolypse Is Upon Us

Bad is worse than bad used to be.

Bad is worse than bad used to be.

It use to be that Wake only had to worry about Duke and Carolina and an occasional upstart but now with Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville coming into the league, it's going to very difficult for any team and even difficult for Duke and Carolina to win the ACC. Even with some of our good teams when Chris Paul was here, our record would have been no where as good if we had to play Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville every year and sometimes twice a year.

If I knew with absolute certainty that bzzz is gone after this year, I would be able to cherish each win by this team. As it is, tho, wins are double-edged swords. I fear RW will spin a win -- even one against a decimated team -- as proof of historical competitiveness, prompting him to offer Bzz an extension. As such, while I'm happy for the players when they win, the win itself makes my knees shake. I wish RW would cut bzzz loose now and let Battle coach out the season. THEN I could really enjoy our victories.
Why do you and so many others on here get so suckered into Wellman's AD speak? People on here have spun themselves into a frenzy over it. He hired a coach and supported him through a Cinderella period like an AD is supposed to do......now he expects the coach to produce. Now I can understand some of the sentiment because Bz is incredibly awkward with PR, even when talking about good things, and that led to Wellman looking a bit stupid...and we lost a lot of games we had no business losing right out of the gate....but it's still just AD speak.

And like I said on the other thread, excuse me if I don't trust the opinion of a bunch of old rich white dudes as the perspective which we should all view reality.

If you don't think there was a cultural gap between their vision of what an 18-22 year old college athlete should be and what the real image of that 18-22 year old is across the board (not just at Wake) then I've got a bridge to sell you.

It's somewhat ironic given your political leanings that you're so eager and willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the very group you don't trust to do well, anything, in the business world.[/

For some reason I thought you were a bit older...

I like to think I'm mature beyond my 23 years. I'm probably not though.

It use to be that Wake only had to worry about Duke and Carolina and an occasional upstart but now with Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville coming into the league, it's going to very difficult for any team and even difficult for Duke and Carolina to win the ACC. Even with some of our good teams when Chris Paul was here, our record would have been no where as good if we had to play Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville every year and sometimes twice a year.

You mean the two Chris Paul teams that ranked 5th and 10th in SOS respectively? The 2005 team played 11 games against top 25 teams in Kenpom.

Also you never answered my question about your daughter. I think she might have been at that party I was at the night before the UNC game. Is she blonde?

Ok. I didn't understand the rules--now I do. We will not objectively evaluate Dino as a head coach and instead appeal to emotion to give him a slide for mediocrity but we will objectively evaluate Bz because we just don't like him. I understand now. My apologies for not playing by your rules.

And sir, I was sitting on the front row tonight cheering on the Deacs because I invest and have invested my money in our players' education and not in silly Billboards schemed by someone who didn't even attend Wake. Where were you sitting tonight?

Where on the front row, Where?

Were better in yr 4, bu still not close to where we were with Dino.

This is what bothers me the most right now. I just shook my head when a shot of Buzz came up and one of the announcers said something about him working to resurrect the program.

It's always amusing to see that when we lose, we are a terrible team and its all Buzz's fault and when we win, we are a great team and let's give Buzz an extension. Let's just see how the season plays out. For Buzz to be back, he has to have a successful season which includes an NCAA berth. If not, we can all say good-bye.

It's always amusing to see that when we lose, we are a terrible team and its all Buzz's fault and when we win, we are a great team and let's give Buzz an extension. Let's just see how the season plays out. For Buzz to be back, he has to have a successful season which includes an NCAA berth. If not, we can all say good-bye.

9-9 in the league and he's back for a fifth year, imo.

what i find interesting is we started to go through a pretty long period of apathy and indifference. then a few insiders start saying that bzz is going to "resign" at the end of the year and the last remaining bzz-inners come out of the wood work and start "fighting" more viciously than anything i can remember around here. is that a few people feeling bad about believing wellman's bs and holding on as long as possible? is that the family of someone that has a vested interest in keeping bzz employed? epic trolling (well done if so)?

also i definitely have not heard the rumor that that guy's daughter had an airtight basketball train run on her every weekend that season when the team was showing up to games drunk. i think she kissed her dad with that mouth.

I entirely agree, but I think 9-9 will bring him back barring his resignation at the end of the season.

That's like no man's land, because the fanbase would be in an uproar with an extension for that.

That's like no man's land, because the fanbase would be in an uproar with an extension for that.

I think almost everyone outside of the most adament Bzzz defenders would agree this would be the realistic worst case scenario for the long term health of the program. And I was open minded about the guy until the Virginia game.

Last edited:
Back