• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This will be a Mother's Day to remember

OrigScreaminDemon

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a person from the Children's Home Society of Virginia, and then immediately after, OSDToy. Earlier this week the State of Virginia granted a request for full disclosure of my adoption file. The short version is that after a 12+ year search, I now know the name, address and phone number of my birth mother, and she has my corresponding information as well. It looks like I am going to finally get to say "Thank you" to the woman who most likely made the most difficult decisions of her life over 43 years ago, AND I get to tell her personally on Mother's Day weekend. I can honestly say that I have never experienced emotions like this in my life, it is almost overwhelming. I have no idea what to say when we speak, and I am essentially tearing up as I type this. I am sure that some of you will feel that this place is not the forum for this type of melodrama, but I feel that many of you are friends of the OSD family and I just wanted those of you in that category to know. Thanks for letting me share.

OSD, best of luck to you. I hope the conversation goes in a way that will bring both you and your birthmom peace and understanding.

Birth mothers have my utmost love and respect, as do their kids.

I just got off the phone with a person from the Children's Home Society of Virginia, and then immediately after, OSDToy. Earlier this week the State of Virginia granted a request for full disclosure of my adoption file. The short version is that after a 12+ year search, I now know the name, address and phone number of my birth mother, and she has my corresponding information as well. It looks like I am going to finally get to say "Thank you" to the woman who most likely made the most difficult decisions of her life over 43 years ago, AND I get to tell her personally on Mother's Day weekend. I can honestly say that I have never experienced emotions like this in my life, it is almost overwhelming. I have no idea what to say when we speak, and I am essentially tearing up as I type this. I am sure that some of you will feel that this place is not the forum for this type of melodrama, but I feel that many of you are friends of the OSD family and I just wanted those of you in that category to know. Thanks for letting me share.

Congrats OSD. Good luck!

That's wonderful OSD! Just tell her what's on your heart when you see her.

OSD this is amazing. So happy for you and your entire family. Thanks for sharing this! :hug::h34rt:

That is exciting! Are you going to call her? Meet with her?

Great news OSD. So far the Pit has been receptive to your news, but don't let any of the assholes that may stumble on this thread and try to bring you down with their negativity affect you. You are an involved member of this online community and this is (one of) the appropriate places for you to share this info.

Don't let anyone get you down. This is great news. Congrats.

OSD, that's wonderful news! Best of luck with the conversation, I'll be thinking of you all!

awesome news

we must have been at wake at the exact time

Taylor 310

justin-andy-mother-lover.jpg

Congrats on the exciting news, OSD. I hope the communications go well and that it is a rewarding experience for both of you. A happy Mother's Day indeed. I lost my Mom about 6 years ago now, so it's been a tough day for me the last few years. Glad to hear of people with new reasons to celebrate!

Last edited:
Awesome. I've debated going through the process myself here in NC. Still not sure if I want to.

Back