• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This will be a Mother's Day to remember

Congrats and Best Wishes for an outcome that is positive for everyone involved!

You're post gave me chills OSD. From a former lurker, this is the kind of thing that makes people want to be part of the boards here and I'm glad you posted. Good Luck

Son of a bitch I DID use the Wrong your. Smh

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing and congrats. Always great hearing a heart warming story.

that's awesome OSD... definitely a monumental moment in your life. Congratulations!

Congrats, OSD. Let us know how it goes, I'm sure it will be emotional.

I hope it works out well for you, OSD. Its something I've never had the desire to pursue.

I just got off the phone with a person from the Children's Home Society of Virginia, and then immediately after, OSDToy. Earlier this week the State of Virginia granted a request for full disclosure of my adoption file. The short version is that after a 12+ year search, I now know the name, address and phone number of my birth mother, and she has my corresponding information as well. It looks like I am going to finally get to say "Thank you" to the woman who most likely made the most difficult decisions of her life over 43 years ago, AND I get to tell her personally on Mother's Day weekend. I can honestly say that I have never experienced emotions like this in my life, it is almost overwhelming. I have no idea what to say when we speak, and I am essentially tearing up as I type this. I am sure that some of you will feel that this place is not the forum for this type of melodrama, but I feel that many of you are friends of the OSD family and I just wanted those of you in that category to know. Thanks for letting me share.

I am soooooo happy for you OSD!!

Right now, tears of joy are literally streaming down my smiling cheeks.

If I could, I would hug both you and your birthmom so tight and never let you go.

I love you, OSD:h34rt:

Thanks to all of you today (with the exception of Matt'sFeelings), I am exhausted, but a good exhausted. I promise to keep you posted as events unfold, good, bad or indifferent. I will most likely call her tomorrow or Sunday, I just need to collect my thoughts and get it right. Special thanks to lbE08, you know why...:) I really appreciate all of your thoughts, support and input, good and bad, you guys are great...THIS IS WHY I AM PROUD TO BE A DEMON DEACON!

I just got off the phone with a person from the Children's Home Society of Virginia, and then immediately after, OSDToy. Earlier this week the State of Virginia granted a request for full disclosure of my adoption file. The short version is that after a 12+ year search, I now know the name, address and phone number of my birth mother, and she has my corresponding information as well. It looks like I am going to finally get to say "Thank you" to the woman who most likely made the most difficult decisions of her life over 43 years ago, AND I get to tell her personally on Mother's Day weekend. I can honestly say that I have never experienced emotions like this in my life, it is almost overwhelming. I have no idea what to say when we speak, and I am essentially tearing up as I type this. I am sure that some of you will feel that this place is not the forum for this type of melodrama, but I feel that many of you are friends of the OSD family and I just wanted those of you in that category to know. Thanks for letting me share.

That's awesome, OSD...really happy for you. It indeed will be a Mother's Day to remember. I'll think of you and your birth mom on Sunday. My mom passed away when I was only 24 (far too young) and as I said on another thread, she was adopted. She never wanted to learn anything about her birth mom, and though I respected her decision, I never understood it. I wish you the very best!

Back