• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thomas calling out the doubters MTOW

Dan monitors these boards.....

My only response to Devin is: SHOW ME!

Based on Bz tenure @ Wake, it ain't gonna happen, IMHO!

Not even a win tomorrow would put me on the Bz bandwagon.

And speaking of zealous fans. . . There is one mindset that I do find pathetically misguided, again, if anyone cares. There is a sliver of the fan base -- how big a sliver, it's hard to tell -- that is so fed up, so disgusted by what has taken place with Wake basketball that it's rooting for the Deacons to lose. The rationale of those who feel that way is the more Wake loses, the quicker [Redacted] is gone.

They'd rather be right than win. And they're so sure they're right that anybody who disagrees with them -- again, be it Randolph Childress or Devin Thomas or any of the coaches and players striving daily to disprove their point -- just has to be wrong.

It has nothing to do with being right. 6 straight losing seasons and numerous losses to less talented teams has more than proven right the idea that [Redacted] isn't a good coach. It's about hitting rock bottom sooner so that we can begin rebuilding. I always come back to the addict analogy. You've got to hit rock bottom before you're willing to check yourself into rehab. The sooner rock bottom comes the less long term damage you do to your body and your life, or in this case, the Wake Forest basketball program.

Last edited:
The irony that Bzzouters are called out for 'needing to be right'.

I'm #MTOWout at this point. Dan Collins is a fine beat guy, but either he's willfully misrepresenting the pulse of the fanbase or he just doesn't get it.

Admire the attitude, but we're going to lose by 20 despite our best efforts.

I'm #MTOWout at this point. Dan Collins is a fine beat guy, but either he's willfully misrepresenting the pulse of the fanbase or he just doesn't get it.

I honestly feel Dan does not get it. He has constant contact with the triumvirate (Wellman, Grobe, Bz). He sees the AD's side of the equation but I do not feel he fully understands the position held by many on these boards. The expectations of many here are simple. Because of past results the three amigos listed above need to be fired and as T/F mentioned last week, there needs to be "scorched earth" and begin from scratch.

Might be a good idea for Dan to meet with several members of the opposition to ascertain and fully appreciate their side of the equation...

When we are in the NCAA tourney and still putting up billboards, then Dan et al have room to criticize Bzzout. Nearly 100% of the evidence suggests that Bzz is a terrible coach. We aren't the ones waiting around to be proven right...anyone with a pair of eyes already knows we are.

Love the enthusiasm. Hang in there Devin. We will get a real coach after this season. You have no idea what you've been missing but you will see soon enough.

The program is so far away from throttling Kansas at the Joel again.

Bz is going to lose whether we root for it or not.

This article seems pretty clear that he gets it. He says as a fan he would be unhappy too, he wouldn't have donated to the billboard but doesn't care that people do, but that he doesn't understand people who actively pull against Wake. He's also said he doesn't think [Redacted] is the man for the job (at the end of last year).

Sounds to me like he agrees with a large number of people on here.

The only thing he says that seems it would be a point of contention to anybody on here is this:

"And speaking of zealous fans. . . There is one mindset that I do find pathetically misguided, again, if anyone cares. There is a sliver of the fan base -- how big a sliver, it's hard to tell -- that is so fed up, so disgusted by what has taken place with Wake basketball that it's rooting for the Deacons to lose. The rationale of those who feel that way is the more Wake loses, the quicker [Redacted] is gone."

That's pretty much it. It sounds to me like half the boards could have written the article he wrote. Which part of any of the article indicates he doesn't get it?

Last edited:
I'd imagine the number of people on here actively pulling against Wake is probably around 20 or 25%. That leaves a pretty good majority of posters on here - the most ardently Bzzout site or fan population anywhere - who think Bzz should be fired and are probably fine with the billboard and/or donated to it. This is Dan's position and he's getting blasted for it?

The whole "rather be right than win" description applies to the enablers who have held our program hostage the last few years while hoping the Bz experiment works out.

Back