• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday Night TV Thread

Univision beat NBC last week among viewers 18-49.

Without Football, NBC Is Passed By Univision Among Adults 18-49

NBC-v-Univision-500x465.png

Perfect Couples is done. Traffic Light is probably done, too. Alan Sepinwall has some good thoughts about these couple shows that are trying to follow the style that Modern Family used last season.

Do you have a link to the Sepinwall?

I don't watch a whole lot of television, but I occasionally throw on Community and Parks and Rec and have lingered enough to catch some Perfect Couples when I just leave the tv on. Definitely nothing special, but I thought it was alright and the Waitress and Olivia Munn (didn't know who she was) are hot.

I'm not going to miss it, but I can't believe (well, it's NBC, I guess I can) they are replacing it with Paul Reiser.

For some reason Olivia Munn was hotter on Perfect Couples than she was on pretty much anything else I've seen her in. Just smokin'.

I watched Perfect Couples, probably every episode. It was ok. What gets me about shows like this and the Friends model they're trying to copy (which was just a white version of Living Single) is that the characters were unappealing. Maybe I'd hang out with the wife that works at a college, but the rest were annoying characters. Contrast that to How I Met Your Mother or a guy humor show like The League. I'd hang out with them.

Sepinwall writes for hitfix.com.

Man, Traffic Light is awesome. Not sure why that show doesnt blow up with the 25-35 age group.

Like Traffic Light. Good to see "Roy" again. Loved the secret bachelor party. Big fan of the actor that plays the Bloke boss.

Wanted to like Perfect Couples, but I'm not even sure I made it through Episode 2.

Anybody watch the new series,Happy Endings, featuring Elisha Cuthbert that premiered on ABC last night? Going for the same crowd as Perfect Couples, Traffic Light, Rules of Engagement, HIMYM, etc. DVR'd it to watch later.

Not worth its own thread, but tons of new shows have started in the last couple of weeks. The Killing and Sports Show with Norm McDonald have been good thus far. Have DVR'd FOX's Breaking In starring Christian Slater, and NBC's Paul Reiser Show as well, just in case people say they are any good.

Looking forward to the NBC season premiere of Friday Night Lights tomorrow night as well.

I would not hang out with Ted. He is a whiny bitch.

Agreed. At the beginning of the show, I thought my wife and I were somewhat similar to Marshall and Lily and Ted was similar to my best friend. Thankfully my friend didn't go the single and whiny route. Instead of dating around a lot, he basically stayed single, moved to a new job and improved the rest of his life.

For some reason Olivia Munn was hotter on Perfect Couples than she was on pretty much anything else I've seen her in. Just smokin'.

I watched Perfect Couples, probably every episode. It was ok. What gets me about shows like this and the Friends model they're trying to copy (which was just a white version of Living Single) is that the characters were unappealing. Maybe I'd hang out with the wife that works at a college, but the rest were annoying characters. Contrast that to How I Met Your Mother or a guy humor show like The League. I'd hang out with them.

Sepinwall writes for hitfix.com.

That's a good point about the unappealing character of the characters. I probably didn't get tired of that because I only watched a couple of episodes between which there was plenty of time to completely forget what they were like.

Thanks for the site.

Huh? It always has been before...did something change?

I'll check again tonight but I don't remember ever seeing it on my Hulu Plus I run through the ps3 -- I refuse to give Time Warner any business. Also, I'm cheap.

Happy Endings was unfunny, IMO.

I watched the first one last night. After about 10 minutes I thought "Isn't Elisha Cuthbert in this?" and then realized who she was. This is not the Cuthbert that you see in the "Hot Girls Thread". In an absolute sense, she's attractive (meaning hotter than most women you'll see today) but not the ZOMGWTFBBQ type babe in those Maxim shots or "The Girl Next Door", or when she was running from the cougar in 24.

As for the show - horrible. One star out of 10.

I'll check again tonight but I don't remember ever seeing it on my Hulu Plus I run through the ps3 -- I refuse to give Time Warner any business. Also, I'm cheap.

I just looked, I guess they only have the episodes aired within the last month or something like that. So yea, if you're looking to catch up from the beginning I guess that's not going to be possible.

I watched the first one last night. After about 10 minutes I thought "Isn't Elisha Cuthbert in this?" and then realized who she was. This is not the Cuthbert that you see in the "Hot Girls Thread". In an absolute sense, she's attractive (meaning hotter than most women you'll see today) but not the ZOMGWTFBBQ type babe in those Maxim shots or "The Girl Next Door", or when she was running from the cougar in 24.

As for the show - horrible. One star out of 10.

Happy Endings was unfunny, IMO.

All right. Sold. Delete without watching.

Agree DeacHead about Cuthbert. She was on Kimmel this week promoting, and I was thinking "what the hell happened?" Like you said still attractive, but she used to make Top 5 and Top 10 hot lists. :panda:

Woot. 1st successful multi-quote.

The Paul Reisler show was pretty good.

Great opening for Parks and Rec

And it got better after that. Fantastic episode.

Last edited:
a message from "Parks and Rec" co-creator Mike Schur (whom you might also know by the names Mose Schrute and Ken Tremendous):

"The promo that aired after 'Ron and Tammy Part 2,' which inadvertently gave away the upcoming wedding between Andy and April, was a simple human error on the part of some very apologetic NBC employees. In an effort to undo the spoiler, we publicly stated, in a number of interviews, that NBC had just accidentally gotten the character names wrong, and that there was no upcoming Andy-April wedding. We sincerely hope that fans of the show are cool with us gently lying to them, in an effort to maintain the surprise nuptials as much as we could. Now if you'll excuse us, we have to go shoot the season finale surprise Jerry-Donna wedding scene."

Back