• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday Night TV Thread

office had really good moments and really bad moments tonight

opening and the scene with erin trying to shave michael - awesome
scene with andy throwing cheese puffs and coffee around in the kitchen - unbearable

Community was gold. When they nail a parody, they nail it hard.

Sepinwall's description of tonight's Community nailed it: "It's an incredibly clever riff on the tradition of sitcom flashback episodes, but it also features some of the biggest laughs I've had at the show in quite some time, and it told an actual story about the study group in general and Jeff and Britta in particular. And it did so while commenting on how often the show tells these specific kinds of stories. Meta on top of meta on top of meta, with many gut-busting jokes piled high on top of that.

"Community," boys and girls!"

Still need to watch 30 Rock, but this the strongest set up Community, The Office, and Parks & Rec I remember. All of them were among the strongest of the season and for Parks & Rec that's very high praise.

Parks and Rec was close to perfection this week. unbelievable episode IMO

Adam Scott and Rob Lowe have been fantastic additions to Parks and Rec, and that cast was already loaded. The writers have done an incredible job this season of balancing a whole lot of great characters and hilarious actors. Everyone has had an episode or two to shine

Last week's Parks & Rec was extremely good and this week topped it.

P&R is on fire. Only complaint right now is Rob Lowe's character, he has almost just become a caricature of himself. Running backwords up a hill behind walmart or running while eating a hamburger with a stupid smile on his face isnt funny, he was so much better in small doses saying "Ann Perkins" while running through the hospital.

Aziz Ansari was on fire though.

“Zerts” are what I call desserts. “Tre-tres” are entrees. I call sandwiches “sammys,” “sandoozles,” or “Adam Sandlers.” Air conditioners are cool blasterz with a “z” (I don’t know where that came from). I call cakes, “big ol’ cookies.” I call noodles “long-ass rice.” Fried chicken is “fry-fry chicky-chick.” Chicken parm is “chicky-chicky parm-parm.” Chicken cacciatore? “Chicky catch.” I call eggs “pre-birds” or “future birds.” Root beer is “super water.” Tortillas are “bean blankies,” and I call forks… “food rakes!”

Best Parks and Rec of the season, potentially of the series to date IMO.

P&R is on fire. Only complaint right now is Rob Lowe's character, he has almost just become a caricature of himself. Running backwords up a hill behind walmart or running while eating a hamburger with a stupid smile on his face isnt funny, he was so much better in small doses saying "Ann Perkins" while running through the hospital. ”

ugh you totally just ruined his character for me. i hadn't really noticed this but when i was reading what you said i totally understand and it'll probably bug me from here on out

no way, rob lowe nails it and they throw in enough spots now where he's "normal" to keep him level w/out being a caricature, IMO

Agree with Captain. He's just a high energy health nut guy in a town that's the opposite except for Leslie's energy.

P & R is so good. I caught up from the beginning about 2 weeks ago. Aziz is so bauce.

Back