• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday Night TV Thread

My favorite was the wedding episode when Chris was creeping out the emo dude in the corner with his positivity.

Rob Lowe is fantastic on P&R. Best comedy on TV right now except for maybe BBT which I haven't seen in a while.

Shame it's going up against the draft.

here we go with steve's final episode. hope its a memorable one!

i enjoyed tonight's show...very sad. but i give michael a big :golfclap:

i'll miss him without a doubt.

The preview for the next couple of episodes screamed "Please still watch us. We'll try to be funny. Look- guest stars!"

I was very confused by Office tonight. NBC needs to be worried about a lot of people making this episode their series finale and tuning out. They've put so much emphasis on setting up Michael's goodbye that Jim, Pam, Dwight, etc. just feel like support characters and it doesn't feel like the show could go on with just them.

Also, they're using something of a gimmick to keep interest up by bringing in guest stars for the season finale. I'd be more interested in what happens next if they had some good storylines going. But instead, they've been ending the other characters' storylines (Erin/Gabe/Andy triangle seems finished after Michael's goodbye to Erin, we recently got closure for Todd Packer and Threat Level Midnight, no recent developments around Jim, Pam, or Dwight).

That said, the Michael Scott character deserved a proper send-off, and several scenes tonight - his tearing up in the lunch room, the letter to Dwight, and the good-bye scenes with Jim and Pam - were all touching and well-acted.

Very well done ep of The Office. I've never been that big of a fan of the Michael Scott character, but the sendoff has been great except for Will Ferrell. Ugh.

Good overview of the series so far by Sepinwall. Be sure to check the pictorial of episodes that showed the evolution of Michael Scott.
'The Office': Saying goodbye to Michael Scott

Parks & Rec is on a roll right now. Of course, any ep with two of Marcia, Perd, or Joan Calamezzo is going to be hilarious. The bit with Ben peaking at the painting was gold. April is so damn cute.

Last edited:
I thought last night's episode was very mediocre.

I liked Michael's individual goodbyes but I also think it was out of character for him to slink away. He'd want some grandiose party, which should have happened and it could have been hilarious and over the top.

Plus I don't like it when they mention the cameras, plus I hated HATED that we couldn't be in on the Pam/Michael goodbye.

Oh and Will Ferrell has been funny since 2004. Ugh.

Loved Micheal's attempt at working the Baylor (sp) one last time.

I liked Michael's individual goodbyes but I also think it was out of character for him to slink away. He'd want some grandiose party, which should have happened and it could have been hilarious and over the top.

Plus I don't like it when they mention the cameras, plus I hated HATED that we couldn't be in on the Pam/Michael goodbye.

Not sure how you missed last week's episode.

I loved last week's episode.

In true Office form this season, a great ep was followed by a mediocre ep.

Michael isn't emotionally mature enough to handle goodbyes, and he knows that. That's why he left the way he did.

I'm a week late, but I just watched last week's Parks and Rec episode--the scene at the health food store was Ron Swanson gold, particularly the portion where the employee was giving out samples of vegan bacon.

man, couldn't disagree more about these points. i usually HATE the camera stuff, but this weeks 2 jokes were great.

"you're filming people in the bathroom now?"

"Let me know if this ever goes to air"

the meeting at the airport was cliche, so i'm glad they didn't go too over the top with too much dialog.

agree about will ferrell, though he has had his moments.

I thought the Office was terrific, easily the best episode of the season. Almost all the goodbye scenes were perfect, although agree with Townie about the airport being cliche.

I liked last weeks Office. Seemed to show that Michael knew he couldn't handle goodbyes and also showed that he had begun to realize the office could function without him. They gave him an exit in which he shows some maturity and shows that his character has changed and grown up a little.

Back