• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thursday's Debate: Discussion Thread

My beef with Ryan is he let Biden off easy. There were at least three moments he could have landed a body blow.

1) The Libya thing would have been a part of most of my answers, and I would have called Cutter out by name. No way you let that walk. Talk about a gaffe-compounding a lie, compounding incompetence.

2) The "unemployment in your hometown is up 15% since when you took office" was a great one, but he should have buried him when Biden protested with "The economy is doing better" bit. All Ryan had to do was interrupt him and say, "Four years in, do you expect the 23 million Americans still out of work to believe things are good? I bet they'd disagree with you, and frankly, I trust their opinion of their plight over yours. Tell the people that have been out of work so long that their government stops counting them in the unemployment statistics that things are doing fine. They deserve better than four more years of sunshine and excuses, Mr. Vice President."

3) On Afghanistan, he should have focused on the consequences of a results-blind draw down. "We want American soldiers out of Afghanistan as soon as we can be assured that they'll never have to go back. It does us no good to ignore our commanders and arbitrarily pull our people out in 2014 if we have to send them back in 2020. We've come to far to quit the race halfway through the last lap. We want to win this war so it never has to be fought again."

My beef with Ryan is he let Biden off easy. There were at least three moments he could have landed a body blow.

1) The Libya thing would have been a part of most of my answers, and I would have called Cutter out by name. No way you let that walk. Talk about a gaffe-compounding a lie, compounding incompetence.

2) The "unemployment in your hometown is up 15% since when you took office" was a great one, but he should have buried him when Biden protested with "The economy is doing better" bit. All Ryan had to do was interrupt him and say, "Four years in, do you expect the 23 million Americans still out of work to believe things are good? I bet they'd disagree with you, and frankly, I trust their opinion of their plight over yours. Tell the people that have been out of work so long that their government stops counting them in the unemployment statistics that things are doing fine. They deserve better than four more years of sunshine and excuses, Mr. Vice President."

3) On Afghanistan, he should have focused on the consequences of a results-blind draw down. "We want American soldiers out of Afghanistan as soon as we can be assured that they'll never have to go back. It does us no good to ignore our commanders and arbitrarily pull our people out in 2014 if we have to send them back in 2020. We've come to far to quit the race halfway through the last lap. We want to win this war so it never has to be fought again."

A promise from Afghanistan that we won't have to go back is the reassurance you need to say it's OK to leave Afghanistan? And I assume by "ignore our commanders" you mean "listen to what they recommend" not Bill Kristol, and by "arbitrarily pull out people in 2014" you mean "every single one of our allies and our commanders have stated and agreed to be out by then" And if by "win this war so it never has to be fought again" you mean "we don't even know what win means so how do we define "fought again" other than fiction," we're on the same page.

My beef with you is that you are an idiot.

1) Expecting information to be instantaneous on an attack on a US consulate does not even begin to start a point of discussion.

2) That would ignore the plummet that the economy was going thru at the time of the election in 2008. Stop playing glib. I'd say you are better than that...but you clearly aren't.

3) There is nothing that Ryan said about Afghanistan that is defensible. He vomited all over himself on that one.

And as a final closing mini-statement, you aren't nearly as funny or clever as you try to portray to be. Your jokes are forced. Your jokes are tired. And your jokes simply fall flat on their face...time and time again. Stop trying. You aren't funny.

Queue some lame joke of yours about old Jewish men and/or a talking point you heard Sean Hannity say that made you pee your pants in laughter just a little bit.

I like the long tirade about how unfunny he is and then the pathetic humor attempt from yourself at the end

I love that conservatives are clinging to a CNN poll as their only hope. CNN, the Clinton News Network, the poster child of the liberal media.

Any port in a storm, I guess.

The last thing Biden wanted was a true debate. His strategy was to dice this up with constant interruption, funny faces, and miniature sound bites. It turned out okay because it seemed more like a draw than the blow out it could have been. Biden's tactic left Ryan looking more composed and presidential. Mission accomplished for the Romney campaign.

The last thing Biden wanted was a true debate. His strategy was to dice this up with constant interruption, funny faces, and miniature sound bites. It turned out okay because it seemed more like a draw than the blow out it could have been. Biden's tactic left Ryan looking more composed and presidential. Mission accomplished for the Romney campaign.

Early morning kool-aid.

Even Charles Krauthammer admitted that Biden won the debate on substance. Not a great showing for the supposed policy wunderkid.

Which of the two debaters came across as the one most likely to compromise with the other and reach solutions to big problems? This is the question on the mind of independents and undecideds.
Was it the guy who constantly interrupted and said the other was full of malarkey? Or Was it the guy who was respectful, focused, and composed?
Biden may have played well to the base who were largely pissed about Obama's failure last week, but he was an unmitigated disaster to independents and undecideds.

Which of the two debaters came across as the one most likely to compromise with the other and reach solutions to big problems? This is the question on the mind of independents and undecideds.
Was it the guy who constantly interrupted and said the other was full of malarkey? Or Was it the guy who was respectful, focused, and composed?
Biden may have played well to the base who were largely pissed about Obama's failure last week, but he was an unmitigated disaster to independents and undecideds.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162...akes-debate-over-ryan-uncommitted-voters-say/

Biden was clearly unhinged. He was pointing his finger and angrily ranting at the moderator instead of Ryan. Hairplugz was probably askeert he would get his ass kicked in the parking lot afterward.

Back