• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ticketmaster !!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Love them or hate them, Ticketmaster is airtight in its stranglehold on the American ticket buyer.

This recent Ticketmaster - Taylor Swift debacle has got me reminiscing. I'm recalling the process of purchasing tickets from 40 years ago, 20 years ago, a10 years ago, and today. And quite honestly, it's absolutely not any better today than at any of those times. That includes dealing with psychotic superfans keeping a line list with required check-ins outside of a record store in shopping center, driving to Hayes Jewelers in Lexington, NC during Hurricane Hugo to buy Dead tickets, and buying Radiohead tickets to the Atlanta show at Camelot Music at the Florence, SC mall. I guess the one thing that has improved over the past four decades is that they now take credit cards.

Yeah in those days the key was to find a sketchy af location and work it. I got tickets at the eckerd inside the old midtown square mall when it was a ghost town.

This is how you pander as a politician. Attack a roundly hated institution:

is Biff the change champion we need to take on Ticketmaster/LiveNation?

their processing fees are through the roof...

their processing fees are through the roof...

Yeah, and it's per ticket. So do you really think it costs $20 to process the first ticket, and $20 for each incremental ticket ? It's obviously a bullshit charge anyway, but fuckoff with that shit. Just add make face on the ticket $350 instead of $300. It's not like the artist has any say apparently, and it's not like the artist is making any effort to keep ticket prices low.

Yeah, and it's per ticket. So do you really think it costs $20 to process the first ticket, and $20 for each incremental ticket ? It's obviously a bullshit charge anyway, but fuckoff with that shit. Just add make face on the ticket $350 instead of $300. It's not like the artist has any say apparently, and it's not like the artist is making any effort to keep ticket prices low.

So you are telling me that Pearl Jam’s 3 year boycott of Ticketmaster accomplished NOTHING

there should be transparency in what service these service and facility fees are going toward. another thing that needs to be banned are resort fees at hotels, which is a way for them to skim off the nightly room rate when you're looking, then you see in fine print you have a $25-50 fee per night for shit like WiFi, gym access, etc. and more and more they're coming up at hotels that no one would actually describe as resorts. some states have started to ban them.

Back