• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ticketmaster !!

Who are you arguing with?

That was a question. Some people ask them to stimulate discussion. It actually doesn’t necessitate an argument.

Looks like a straw man. Would anyone disagree she should set prices to maximize income? The question is the role Ticketmaster/Live Nation plays and how much they should make.

it seems like ticketmaster/livenation lost a shitton of money during the pandemic and are trying to recoup it by raising prices 300% now

Looks like a straw man. Would anyone disagree she should set prices to maximize income? The question is the role Ticketmaster/Live Nation plays and how much they should make.
clearly, she doesn't, so why not? If she did, the demand would equalize with supply.

clearly, she doesn't, so why not? If she did, the demand would equalize with supply.

How would you do that functionally and charge everyone the same price for exactly the amount of tickets that are available for one discreet event?

Should she set her prices to maximize her income? I don’t see why not. If you insist on selling for $75 or something, you’re simply giving the ticket vultures a way to make a 900% profit that you left on the table. Even many of her fans are going to sell at the prices the resale market offers, so now she’s subsidizing them as well?

Practically speaking Ticketmaster does have the capability of selling tickets that almost can't be resold (think they support very limited transfers in person) or imposing other anti-scalper limits (limiting resale to within 24-48 hours of events, not allowing resale for more than the original price of the ticket). Other artists comparable to Taylor have implemented these measures I think (Ed Sheeran, Styles etc.)

Taylor chose not to go this route because I think there is probably come financial incentive for her if resales are happening (Ticketmaster probably giving her a cut of the fees).

I think she's well within her right to maximize her earnings here, but it does come in contrast to the reputation she works hard to project as putting her fans first and not being in it for the money blah blah blah.

It would appear that her fans can afford the tickets.

Back