• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ticketmaster !!

that "I" sign really doing ticketmaster a disservice in its effort to communicate(s) clearly

the onsale. guess there aren't many tickets left?

Yeah, but 30 million people will still get in the queue.

If you pull up to the local record store at 10:00 AM on Saturday and there are 500 people in line in front of you you just give up and go home or start bribing someone to buy you a pair.

Just tried to get Tyler Childers at Red Hat in Raleigh right at general public bell... only verified resale available for $295 a pop pre-fees/taxes.

For comparison, wife lucked out for early lottery on Taylor and got floor seats in Chicago for less than that.

This morning on Morning Joe, Amy Klobuchar said she and Mike Lee were going to start hearings into Ticketmaster, so there is some desire to investigate on both sides.

TM charges exorbitant fees as we all know (shocker that didn't improve post DOJ approved competitor acquisitions), but ticket prices before TM fees are too high. Ridiculous the prices for arena, stadium or ampitheater shows.

It's Taylor Swift's fault because she hasn't been on the road for 3 or 4 years. By the way, there was a pandemic going on.

If all this leads to is a Pearl Jam + T-Swizzle world tour of non-Ticketmaster venues, I'd be in.

Taylor Swift loves Ticketmaster because it gives her a very convenient scapegoat to extract as much money out of her fans as possible

not that she's not trying to extract cash but do the artists somehow benefit from the secondary market?

not that she's not trying to extract cash but do the artists somehow benefit from the secondary market?

Nah. But I think a lot of her fans (from my experience) blame Ticketmaster for her very pricey original tickets.

I think that's just basic supply and demand TBH, but it is a bit hypocritical considering her finely crafted image and reputation for caring so much about all her fans.

Back