• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ticketmaster !!

Nah. But I think a lot of her fans (from my experience) blame Ticketmaster for her very pricey original tickets.

I think that's just basic supply and demand TBH, but it is a bit hypocritical considering her finely crafted image and reputation for caring so much about all her fans.

i guess. i don't begrudge artists for making money b/c it's very difficult to make money as an artist.

anyone could give their product away for less money but why would they (given the incentives)

i guess. i don't begrudge artists for making money b/c it's very difficult to make money as an artist.

anyone could give their product away for less money but why would they (given the incentives)

It is not difficult for Taylor Swift to make money. A majority of her fans just re-purchased an album she re-recorded explicitly to allow her to make more money. OFC they are gonna feel hard done when she prices concert tickets that fuck over most of them.

i honestly don't know; im not following the story other than "ticketmaster continues to suck and this is the prime example to date"

are they mad at Swift though?

Might just be be my TikTok bubble, but my wife (casual fan) and her friends weren't happy (though higher prices surely helped her, she felt like it was overly extractive) and I have seen maybe 10+ TikToks out of idk 150 (?) in the past week mad at Taylor for the costs or pointing out how ridiculous it is.

Might just be be my TikTok bubble, but my wife (casual fan) and her friends weren't happy (though higher prices surely helped her, she felt like it was overly extractive) and I have seen maybe 10+ TikToks out of idk 150 (?) in the past week mad at Taylor for the costs or pointing out how ridiculous it is.

So stop eating so much avocado toast and going to Starbucks twice a day !! Save your money for something you value.

This is worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

I believe he gives a specific example of an artist manipulating the secondary market but I'm not sure - I watched this when it happened.

Nah. But I think a lot of her fans (from my experience) blame Ticketmaster for her very pricey original tickets.

I think that's just basic supply and demand TBH, but it is a bit hypocritical considering her finely crafted image and reputation for caring so much about all her fans.
i seem to remember some anti-scalping efforts from artists in the past, requiring IDs with tickets or something

that process seems pretty annoying for the consumer too -- not really sure what a best system looks like, other than reasonable transaction fees

went to a movie last night and it was like $1.50 to pay ahead of time online or no fee at the box office -- that's a small fee, but what software or whatever costs the $1.50 per transaction?

There was a time back where it actually cost less in "convenience fees" to get a physical ticket to the show than to have the ticket e-mailed to you. Now you can't even get a physical ticket.

I'm betting she's going to cancel this tour and create "Taylor's Tour" with no Ticketmaster.

I guess I need a /s above.

So imagine there's a /s at the end of my prior post.

Yeah it’s 2022. LiveNation controls basically every major venue
They didn't play a lot of major venues, that was the point. We saw them in Charlotte at War Memorial Coliseum (called something else now, I don't know what it is), which is where Independence High School was playing its football games at the time. I think now they use it for minor league soccer and lacrosse. It would be like bringing Taylor Swift into the Savannah Bananas stadium. She could name her price.

Should she set her prices to maximize her income? I don’t see why not. If you insist on selling for $75 or something, you’re simply giving the ticket vultures a way to make a 900% profit that you left on the table. Even many of her fans are going to sell at the prices the resale market offers, so now she’s subsidizing them as well?

Back