• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TMZ Reports Jameis Winston Being Investigated For Sexual Assault

Actually, Meggs has a very good reputation as a State Attorney for someone who treats every case the same regardless of who the person is. Understandably, in Tallahassee, that may be interpreted as "going after" FSU players....but, in reality, it's just that they're treated like everyone else.

Bobby Bowden called him "someone who couldn't be bribed". So basically admitting that he had tried to bribe him in the past and had been turned down.

eh, everyone can be corrupted..not everyone's desires are monetarily based, either. if he couldn't be bribed then the offer was inappropriate/too low

Last edited:
i do think it's interesting how many football players get accused of sexual assault with out any of them ever being convicted.

As we discussed earlier, it's not just football players, and hardly any defendant of any walk of life ever gets convicted of acquaintance rape. Ask any cop or prosecutor.

As we discussed earlier, it's not just football players, and hardly any defendant of any walk of life ever gets convicted of acquaintance rape. Ask any cop or prosecutor.

but i can't think of a single athlete that has gone down for it despite the countless examples of folks who get accused.

but i can't think of a single athlete that has gone down for it despite the countless examples of folks who get accused.

That's the point. Hardly anyone of any walk of life ever goes down for acquaintance rape. And the vast majority of reports to the cops don't make it to charges being filed.

but is it a non-0 number?

Not 0% but close to 0%.

As for Tyson, his own testimony did him in. When he was on the stand, he said something to the effect of "I didn't rape her - it wasn't like I beat her up or anything." I really think he believed that, which goes to his mental capacity.

I find it funny how the "Morality police" is now going after Jameis because a college student cheated on his girlfriend or had a one night stand. By the looks of it, him cheating on his gf is worse than if he ever got charged with a DWI?

Morality police? Please. All season long the FSU spin machine has been churning out stories about what a high-character guy and role model Winston is. Now that we know that he's just another über-talented spoiled prick, are we just supposed to pretend that FSU didn't put him up on a pedastal in the first place?

I'm sure there will be a lot of high-character guys on the playing field today. But Winston isn't one of them.

Morality police? Please. All season long the FSU spin machine has been churning out stories about what a high-character guy and role model Winston is. Now that we know that he's just another über-talented spoiled prick, are we just supposed to pretend that FSU didn't put him up on a pedastal in the first place?

I'm sure there will be a lot of high-character guys on the playing field today. But Winston isn't one of them.

Link?

Here's an excerpt from Dan Wolken of USA Today:

If he's charged with a felony, he would immediately be suspended per university rules, throwing the national title race and Winston's future into chaos. More significantly, it would raise serious questions about the Tallahassee police's handling of the initial complaint and how aggressively the university investigated its star quarterback when the issue first surfaced. The implications of that scenario would be ugly for everyone, including Fisher, who has spent months praising Winston's character and stood behind those comments again Thursday.

"Yes sir, most definitely," Fisher said.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...bcs-championship-heisman-sex-assault/3544173/

they [above average d1 college athletes] almost all are. it isn't like it's some revelation. and i don't mean this as a knock on winston. i am glad the witch hunt and attempted character assassination are over wrt the "rape" though. 'phan made a good point about how many of the reactions to the allegations, including my own, make it so much harder for actual rape victims to come forward, but people like the duke stripper and this girl who lied about winston are far and away the biggest problem.

eta: and who are u to judge winston's character btw? do you know him?

Just to play Devils Advocate: we don't know that this girl lied. We know that there were inconsistencies and that there was insufficient evidence to sustain a charge.

Just to play Devils Advocate: we don't know that this girl lied. We know that there were inconsistencies and that there was insufficient evidence to sustain a charge.

I wouldn't even call it "playing devil's advocate." I would call it the truth.

Here's an excerpt from Dan Wolken of USA Today:

If he's charged with a felony, he would immediately be suspended per university rules, throwing the national title race and Winston's future into chaos. More significantly, it would raise serious questions about the Tallahassee police's handling of the initial complaint and how aggressively the university investigated its star quarterback when the issue first surfaced. The implications of that scenario would be ugly for everyone, including Fisher, who has spent months praising Winston's character and stood behind those comments again Thursday.

"Yes sir, most definitely," Fisher said.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...bcs-championship-heisman-sex-assault/3544173/

So a coach standing by his player is the media continuing to hype him as a good guy?

I wonder how many college students cheat on their girlfriends daily? Not sure I'd really say that's a character killer. Has anyone else read the report? Pretty telling that there was a video and that she stopped act to close door before continuing. Granted its a useless argument as anti fsu will call him a rapist and fsu fans will have his back from here out.

I wonder how many college students cheat on their girlfriends daily? Not sure I'd really say that's a character killer. Has anyone else read the report? Pretty telling that there was a video and that she stopped act to close door before continuing. Granted its a useless argument as anti fsu will call him a rapist and fsu fans will have his back from here out.

I read all 86 pages of the documents released. Nowhere did I see mention of an actual video that either the police or SAO viewed. The only mention of a video was a comment by one of Winston's friends/ teammates that he barged in on Winston and the girl as a joke while they were going at it in an attempt to video them. For what it's worth, this was not mentioned in his affidavit - just that he went into the room and the girl told him to get out.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't take affidavits from Winston's friends/teammates as some sort of smoking gun that exonerates him.

My conclusion after reviewing all the documents would've been the same as Meggs'. That is, there was not enough evidence to secure a conviction, and thus Winston should not be charged. However, Winston still could have raped the girl or he can be completely innocent.

Back