• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

To those of our fans in Sections 3 and 4 . . . .

19deac92

You are a meathead.
Reaction score
today who couldn't be bothered to stand up, or even applaud, to pay respect to a Medal of Honor recipient, I say you are lower than snake sh*t.

You make me want to vomit. I am ashamed that you are affiliated with my Alma Mater.

I wouldn't say it quite like that; but I agree with you in principle.

I should add, if it is as you say. I am in section 9 and wouldn't know about those sections.

Last edited:
I was in four and I stood. Matter of fact, the seats behind me cleared to the side because they didn't have a very good view.

I thought the fans were very good today. I'm not sure where you're coming from.

I'm coming from Section 3, row BB, and saw dozens of people in front of me in both my section and in Section 4 below me to my right who couldn't be bothered enough to recognize someone who truly deserved respect.

I guess some people aren't paying attention during time outs. I'm in section 4 KK and we were on our feet. The collection of military heros they brought in today was inspiring. And I would add we had the stars and stripes flying at our tailgate and red, white and blue fully on display this morning. Our theme was honor the troops. It's kind of a big deal for us.

It is unfortunate that there are those who do not have the class to show respect and honor those who have afforded them the freedoms they live under today. I guess we can take solace in the fact that part of what was afforded by the men and women who serve, particularly those who have won a medal of honor, is the right of ordinary citizens to not applaud the amazing men and women who have afforded them those freedoms. There are countries in which you must stand to honor the military. When I see people acting in such a disrespectful manner, that is how I try to process it. Even their disrespect is a sign of the freedom afforded to them by those who are much greater and classier men and women.

Anyway, I hope that helps. It is pretty sad that happened. I'm 4 rows behind you and saw what you are talking about.

Well, I'm not sure what game you guys were at but when the Congressional Medal of Honor recipient was introduced I didn't see anyone on their can. I must have missed something.

SO MUCH RESPECT for our armed services. God bless everyone of those people.

And I'll add that any coach who would run up a score in football on a service academy has about a one inch penis and lacks severely in the manhood department.

I hear you Dirk and I appreciate you sincerely. I'm sorry if I came off a little harsh.

I'm an OIF veteran and my Dad who was sitting to my left is a Vietnam veteran, and I guess that instilled in me a deep appreciation for the heroism of a Medal of Honor recipient.

I just pissed me off today to see dozens of people (I agree that they were definitely a small minority of the fans in my section, but still a significant number) in Wake Forest gear, especially a bunch sitting in a couple of rows right in front of me, who were looking straight at a real American hero and just sat on their hands. During a timeout later on during the game, a lot of these same people were jumping up and dancing trying to win a pizza.

It just really rubbed me the wrong way, and I've never felt that way before about my fellow Deacon fans.

Rant over. I'll pop open a beer and go watch FSU and Clemson and try to figure out who I want to win.

Last edited:
I hear you Dirk and I appreciate you sincerely. I'm sorry if I came off a little harsh.

I'm an OIF veteran and my Dad who was sitting to my left is a Vietnam veteran, and I guess that instilled in me a deep appreciation for the heroism of a Medal of Honor recipient.

I just pissed me off today to see dozens of people (I agree that they were definitely a small minority of the fans in my section, but still a significant number) in Wake Forest gear, especially a bunch sitting in a couple of rows right in front of me, who were looking straight at a real American hero and just sat on their hands. During a timeout later on during the game, a lot of these same people were jumping up and dancing trying to win a pizza.

It just really rubbed me the wrong way, and I've never felt that way about some of my fellow Deac fans.

Rant over. I'll pop open a beer and go watch FSU and Clemson and try to figure out who I want to win.

I understand where you are coming from. There are certainly people who should pay more respect to our troops and veterans. From my seat above you I think we did. At least I hope the troops, vets and Army fans thought so. I think Wellman and company did a very good job. It was inspriring.

It just really rubbed me the wrong way, and I've never felt that way before about my fellow Deacon fans.

You don't owe ANYONE an apology. Thank you for your service to our country! And, I would add, I think 99% of Wake alums and fans are very appreciative of your service.

Well, I'm not sure what game you guys were at but when the Congressional Medal of Honor recipient was introduced I didn't see anyone on their can. I must have missed something.

Same from us in section 4.

I am sure that many folks do not understand what a Medal of Honor really means. To some, it is a ribbon of some sort given to a military person.....
Having served during the Vietnam war, I can give you many examples of apathy or even disgust with those serving in the military. The folks who had the most disrespect are now later in life and I suspect their views haven't changed very much.
On the whole though, attitudes really have improved.

I am sure that many folks do not understand what a Medal of Honor really means. To some, it is a ribbon of some sort given to a military person.....
Having served during the Vietnam war, I can give you many examples of apathy or even disgust with those serving in the military. The folks who had the most disrespect are now later in life and I suspect their views haven't changed very much.
On the whole though, attitudes really have improved.

I don't have a Medal of Honor recipient in my family but my uncle fought at D-day and the Battle of the Bulge and came home (he was one bad ass Ranger). I was completely inspired by the veterans who were present at the game today. And I was humbled that a Medal of Honor recipient was at the game. That was fantastic. And I can say everyone I saw in section four was on their feet to acknowledge him. It was just a great day.

I'd add my father served in the merchant marine hauling supplies to northern Russia during WWII... and that wasn't sexy but was probably the scariest duty in the war.

today who couldn't be bothered to stand up, or even applaud, to pay respect to a Medal of Honor recipient, I say you are lower than snake sh*t.

You make me want to vomit. I am ashamed that you are affiliated with my Alma Mater.

I can do one better than that. Some moron in section 1, maybe row p or so was yeahing a Wellman to fire [Redacted] during the ceremony to honor the medal of honor recipient. Talk about not the time!

I can do one better than that. Some moron in section 1, maybe row p or so was yeahing a Wellman to fire [Redacted] during the ceremony to honor the medal of honor recipient. Talk about not the time!

Well, there are some things more important than MoH winners... ;)

Rich people don't serve in the miltary and most couldn't give a shit less about the military, other than to send poor kids to fight for oil. That's why you don't see much enthusiasm for the veterans at Groves.

Rich people don't serve in the miltary and most couldn't give a shit less about the military, other than to send poor kids to fight for oil. That's why you don't see much enthusiasm for the veterans at Groves.

You suck so hard. I know several wealthy families who have had their kids go to Navy, enroll in ROTC, go to the Marine Special Forces training, etc. and and proudly serve our nation.

Back