• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

To those of our fans in Sections 3 and 4 . . . .

You suck so hard. I know several wealthy families who have had their kids go to Navy, enroll in ROTC, go to the Marine Special Forces training, etc. and and proudly serve our nation.

Agreed. Totally over the line and not even remotely true. I can't neg-rep again, but please get him another for that one, boards...

OldGoldandBlack is probably more deserving of thread lock-down than either K33P3R or KA, IMO.

Sure they serve . . . in the Air National Guard. This country has a proud traditional of rich people avoiding military service, while the poor and downtrodden do their dirty work. You are all on the wrong side of this argument.

Last edited:
Sure they serve . . . in the Air National Guard. This country has a proud traditional of rich people avoiding military service, while the porr and downtrodden do their dirty work. You are all on the wrong side of this argument.

You really are miserable.

Sure they serve . . . in the Air National Guard. This country has a proud traditional of rich people avoiding military service, while the poor and downtrodden do their dirty work. You are all on the wrong side of this argument.

Ignorant.

Oh Jesus, can we keep this crap off the sports board please.

I can do one better than that. Some moron in section 1, maybe row p or so was yeahing a Wellman to fire [Redacted] during the ceremony to honor the medal of honor recipient. Talk about not the time!

You are probably talking about me. Granted that was NOT during the ceremony to honor the medal of honor recipient. It was during some sort of check presentation in the first quarter, well before the presentation started and as Wellman was coming towards the field.

But if you are looking for the "moron" who yelled a sentiment that 98% of this board feels towards are AD, sitting in Section 1 row P - guilty as charged.

The problem is that he is pretty much telling the truth. If we still had a draft, the war in Iraq would never have happened. You guys can hate on him if you like...and me too (and I'm a vet, too, remember...though not a combat vet, but still a vet)...and I'm confident that you will. But he is still telling pretty much the truth. How many of Mitt Romney's sons served in the military? How many of the Chickenhawks in the Bush/Cheney Administration that sent us to war served? Where did Cheney serve? And Bush jumped a waiting list to get in the Texas Air Guard, then got assigned to an obsolete airplane which made certain that he would never see combat, then decided he didn't want to be bothered by going to his reserve meetings.....then all his military records got lost. Where did Saxby Chambliss serve? As a matter of fact, where did any f these guys serve?

http://liberalslikechrist.org/about/chickenhawks.html

America didn't go to war in Iraq. The military & their families went to war. America went to the mall....to shop with their Bush tax cuts.

bkf, not the time or the place. He's not right because tigerswood and I know members of very wealthy families and their children who are active servicemen and women. It was a stupid comment and it's really in poor taste to follow it up with that kind of stuff, even if it's true.

ETA: Following your neg-rep. Supporting the troops isn't a partisan conversation. It's a responsibility as citizens of this country. Leave the political BS out of this conversation. There are plenty of wealthy people who have died for this country, just as there are plenty of wealthy individuals who truly love this country. Your orthodox interpretation of politics in this setting is no more or less ridiculous as a lot of the righty's with whom you disagree on the politics board. Coming from someone who generally agrees with you, I find your contribution to this thread to be almost as inappropriate as the parody with which you're agreeing.

Last edited:
You are probably talking about me. Granted that was NOT during the ceremony to honor the medal of honor recipient. It was during some sort of check presentation in the first quarter, well before the presentation started and as Wellman was coming towards the field.

But if you are looking for the "moron" who yelled a sentiment that 98% of this board feels towards are AD, sitting in Section 1 row P - guilty as charged.

No, this was during the ceremony with the medal of honor recipient. Nobody feels more strongly about the fire [Redacted] sentiment, but I doubt people yeahing from the stands at a football game will what finally makes it happen.

Last edited:
You are entitled to your opinion...and you know what they say about opinions. And as I said, if you don't want to get opposite opinions, you should tell 19deac92 not to start goddamned threads like this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude made a comment about people not standing during a football game, which we can all agree is disgusting if true.

Nothing was politicized, and misguidedly I might add, until you and a parody made it so.

But, something tells me that you didn't read the first page of this thread anyway.

No, this was during the ceremony with the medal of honor recipient. Nobody feels more strongly about the fire [Redacted] sentiment, but I doubt people yeahing from the stands at a football game will what finally makes it happen.

No crap my yelling will have no bearing whatsoever on Wellman's decision making. Just as having a team going from consistent NCAA tournament appearances to the dredges of the ACC primarily due to coaching has had no bearing on his decision making and vision for our basketball program. Nevertheless, as a paying fan and alumnus I feel entitled to voice my opinion. I don't feel as though BB&T Field is the Church of Wellman where fans should sit on their hands as proper deference to the AD.

That aside, everybody please return to the faux outrage being expressed on this thread. You all would make great Fox News anchors.

When's the next "best poster" polling going to happen? There are some extremely strong candidates making strong runs.

There are a variety of threads on the politics board where you can share your opinion that Shrub and Cheney are both minions from hades sent here to rain terror and destruction on us poor Americans.

All we are asking is for you to show just a little discretion and not bring your political rants onto the sports board in any thread that might afford you the slighest opening to do so.

Bush & Cheney made supporting the troops a partisan issue. I am a veteran who opposed the war in Iraq. I was accused of being unpatriotic for doing so.....by people who never even served. The flag wavers can kiss my ass. If you want to support the troops, bring them all the hell home and quit fighting unnecessary wars around the world!!!

And inform 19deac92 that if he doesn't want political posts on a sports board to stop starting political threads on it.
WGAF about what 19deac92 wants? Multiple people have already asked you politely to stop derailing a thread about a specific event at a football game. keeper has been banned a couple times for less than what you're doing right now, you just don't happen to be arguing with a stick up his ass mod like he was.

Bush & Cheney made supporting the troops a partisan issue. I am a veteran who opposed the war in Iraq. I was accused of being unpatriotic for doing so.....by people who never even served. The flag wavers can kiss my ass. If you want to support the troops, bring them all the hell home and quit fighting unnecessary wars around the world!!!

And inform 19deac92 that if he doesn't want political posts on a sports board to stop starting political threads on it.

You are so dense. The clown parody and you are the ones who turned this into a political thread.

bkf:

Sir, seriously, what is the matter with you? You've got issues that transcend this board, and frankly, this planet.

I made a post about some behavior from some of our fans yesterday that disgusted me. There was nothing political about it. I posted it on the sports board because the event happened at a Wake Forest athletic contest. You seem to ascribe political motives (hat aren't there) to just about everyone.

I rarely if ever go over to the politics board because of people there like you. Seriously, get a grip. Go drink a beer and enjoy the nice Sunday evening.

Are you threatening me?

Maybe you had some bad Metamucil or something today, I don't really care. When multiple people politely ask you to stop doing something you should pay some heed instead of being an ass, but then again, how could anyone expect you to be reasonable when your role model choked and screamed at kids and then threw tantrums on the court when he didn't get his way, and you turned Benedict Arnold when Wake let your coach go. News flash: the world doesn't turn on your opinion.

Last edited:
Wake Forest didn't "let my coach go". Try to know at least a little bit about what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

(And the age slurs have no effect on me, so you are wasting your time with those.)

You seem to confuse this situation all the time, so enlighten me. Did Carl Tacy leave of his own accord, thus giving you no logical impetus to blame Wake and go rogue in a baby blue sweater, or was he forced out? You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
It was an inappropriate thread for the sports board from the beginning.....because, since the War in Iraq, Bush/Cheney & the NeoCons made anything to do with supporting the troops a political issue.

ETA: Did you ever serve in the military?

I'm 24 and would proudly serve if called upon. I have previous injuries/health issues that would likely prevent me from seeing combat though.

Are you saying that you don't support the troops? Or are you just saying that anyone who does is provoking political dialogue? Either way, you are quite dense. You obviously must have plenty of people who agree with many of your sentiments though (fellow politic board lefties?), which is shocking how seemingly universally disagreed with you usually are.

Back