• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

To those of our fans in Sections 3 and 4 . . . .

The level of 92's outrage is ridiculous. Many people at games are talking to each other and not paying attention to the PA system. Some may be on the phone. Some maybe eating or drinking something.

It's one thing if they got up and booed. Many may have simply not been paying attention to what was going on during that time.

But I went to the game for Homecoming. Don't we have Military Appreciation Day on Patriots Day, Memorial Day, D-Day, Independence Day, Labor Day (for whatever reason), Veterans Day, and Pearl Harbor Day?

I'm planning to skip Family Day.

Opposite strategy for me- my son is in his Junior year and I skipped the non-conference Homecoming game with Army for this week's Family Weekend and Duke, which usually proves to be a barn burner.

Kind of a bummer that they were back-to back weekends for those of us who travel some distance and need to make hotel arrangements.

The level of 92's outrage is ridiculous. Many people at games are talking to each other and not paying attention to the PA system. Some may be on the phone. Some maybe eating or drinking something.

It's one thing if they got up and booed. Many may have simply not been paying attention to what was going on during that time.

Since you haven't been to a football game in decades, you probably don't realize that it's impossible to be in the stadium and not hear every last word coming out of the PA system. The sound level is rather high.

Since you haven't been to a football game in decades, you probably don't realize that it's impossible to be in the stadium and not hear every last word coming out of the PA system. The sound level is rather high.

I don't know, I've seen plenty of people over the years sitting in the stands during a football game that apparently had no idea that there a football game going on.:rolleyes:

Come to a game at C-F and listen to the mouth breathing knuckleheads who insist on screaming Red and Pack during the National Anthem. This has enraged me for years.

I've been in deafeningly loud stadiums and if you are talking with a friend you keep talking. Plus is you are used to the loud PA you become inured to it.

haha

This made me think of the Ravens game last night where they had a moment of silence...they honored hispanic football day with some kids from guatemala...military appreciation day of course, and then the announcer had to hurry up and squeeze some other national honorary day celebration somethng in there fast before the national anthem since the music started playing Academy Awards style...don't even know what he said...but he must have been like "come on" all this in 1 minute?!?! The moment of silence WAS needed or respectful, of course, for Smith's brother.

Interesting. I thought it was Homecoming.

Yes, I realize I sound like keeper here.

haha

This made me think of the Ravens game last night where they had a moment of silence...they honored hispanic football day with some kids from guatemala...military appreciation day of course, and then the announcer had to hurry up and squeeze some other national honorary day celebration somethng in there fast before the national anthem since the music started playing Academy Awards style...don't even know what he said...but he must have been like "come on" all this in 1 minute?!?! The moment of silence WAS needed or respectful, of course, for Smith's brother.

Also they recognized the death of Steve Sabol.

Is it just me, or was that a pretty sad flyover Saturday? 1 helo, way too high, and from Navy to boot. I thought that was going to fire up Army... Have to be able to get some A-10 II's or something against Army.

Is it just me, or was that a pretty sad flyover Saturday? 1 helo, way too high, and from Navy to boot. I thought that was going to fire up Army... Have to be able to get some A-10 II's or something against Army.

Yeah, that was a bit of a joke. But the Golden Knights were great.

Back