• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TOO MANY GUESTS

Seriously, though...I'm liking this board more and more. I think Wake Fans needed another board.

Hell, NCSU has TheWolfWeb...why shouldn't Wake have a more open/free board?

Amen. Great job by the founders of this board for setting it up so effectively. I get the idea that the Scout folks felt like they had a monopoly on correctly-functioning message board software. I know very little about computers and such, but maybe that's why they were so willing to chase people away before?

I love the new boards

land-of-the-free-eagle.gif

Right, I just think there aren't that many posters who have strong allegiance either way. If something became unpleasant or tiresome here, they'd have no problem moving back.

I think this is right. And frankly, I prefer scout's website. It's a whole lot easier on the eye and especially on the phone. With that said, I prefer (and know either in real life or e-life) many of the founding posters over here. If this site would look like scout's in terms of design, I'd be all over this place. Take that FWIW.

You really like their layout more than this one? That honestly surprises me.

What about theirs do you like more?

I think this is right. And frankly, I prefer scout's website. It's a whole lot easier on the eye and especially on the phone. With that said, I prefer (and know either in real life or e-life) many of the founding posters over here. If this site would look like scout's in terms of design, I'd be all over this place. Take that FWIW.

I had the exact opposite reaction on my Droid X...I love that this site has no ads(yet)

You really like their layout more than this one? That honestly surprises me.

What about theirs do you like more?

I'm old, bro. I like what I know and don't like learning knew shit.

eta: The little icon where I've posted is more obvious. Plus, I can navigate b/w board up top. But mostly, I'm old. Oh, and the starker contrast in colors helps me.

Last edited:
Cool deal.

Just wanted to know opinions. We will talk about those issues.

Cool deal.

Just wanted to know opinions. We will talk about those issues.

One other thing, on DS, all thread titles are bold. If I click on one here, it isn't bold, but that doesn't mean I posted. So I've got some bold and some not so much. The threads over at DS rotate b/w gray and white, with all thread title bold. That's easier for me to see and work with. Or I'm just anal as all get out. Not being critical, just sort of thinking out loud b/c I like what's happening over here.

viva la revolution

And dude, I can't handle this A.W. Hamilton tag much longer. "The Gentleman from Indiana" would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
As for the topics you've posted in...the envelope to the left gets an arrow if you post in it.

As for the topics you've posted in...the envelope to the left gets an arrow if you post in it.

That's part of my phone issue, it's TINY. Anyway, I know we got some kinks here and this isn't going to be a board that makes BSD happy, just throwing stuff out there as I think about it.

No better time to start offering input than right now, right?

And God almighty, that many more posts before I ditch A.W.?!?! We all deserve better than that.

Oh the sweater vest just stepped aside for 5 games. What a tool bag. He should have insisted upon that at the time. tO$U.

That's part of my phone issue, it's TINY. Anyway, I know we got some kinks here and this isn't going to be a board that makes BSD happy, just throwing stuff out there as I think about it.

And God almighty, that many more posts before I ditch A.W.?!?! We all deserve better than that.

Well, it goes to a certain Joe not named Dukes

Absolutely. Every suggestion is good for us to see.

Wow, MarqueeMoon siting? Sure am glad that this site is up and running with some good steam behind it. Can we just make sure that FusionDad, etc. are locked out?

In my opinion it gives us freedom, not the ultimate freedom that all nations desire ... but the freedom to achieve it.
~Michael Collins

Back