• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 10 Greatest Plays under Grobe

I think Swank also missed 3 FGs?

I met Swank's family that day in the stands and sat with them during the game. They were astounded.

Graham Gano also missed one.

I never thought I'd feel so meh about a win at FSU. We forced 7 turnovers, kicked 7 FGs, and scored 12 points while only allowing 3 from FSU.

Just had to look it up, former FSU WR 6-6 beast Greg Carr was released from his 4th CFL team back in September. Dude looked like a can't miss prospect early in his career.

I met Swank's family that day in the stands and sat with them during the game. They were astounded.

I never thought I'd feel so meh about a win at FSU. We forced 7 turnovers, kicked 7 FGs, and scored 12 points while only allowing 3 from FSU.

Just had to look it up, former FSU WR 6-6 beast Greg Carr was released from his 4th CFL team back in September. Dude looked like a can't miss prospect early in his career.

I remember we were at the spring game the spring before Swank made his debut and he missed a couple of FGs. my friends and I were like "great, another shitty kicker." turns out his parents were sitting in front of us and said to have faith. they were right (for the most part).

No mention of Josh Adams long TD vs FSU in 2007?

http://youtu.be/34yVqy1Mg5Y

The "it wasn't a fluke game."
IT was posted above.

I remember staying up late enough drinking and celebrating after that game to watch the entire replay on ESPN at like 4 in the morning. Class did not happen on Friday for me.

When was the last time you heard "explosive run" referenced to a Wake tailback? That was awesome. Crowd going crazy. After watching these videos, I can honestly say I'm not upset Jim resigned. What in the world happened?!

i see him around winston alot with his smokejob wife, even spoke with them recently. REALLY nice people. i meant to ask or look it up, is or er was he helping out with our kickers this year? or just living in W-S for personal reasons?

i see him around winston alot with his smokejob wife, even spoke with them recently. REALLY nice people. i meant to ask or look it up, is or er was he helping out with our kickers this year? or just living in W-S for personal reasons?

Really? He was a GA on coaching staff.

Don't remember the opponent or who threw the pass (so maybe not that memorable after all?) but there was TD pass to Skinner out of the wildcat that just seemed to sum up what a great 4-year run we had with him in the backfield.

Don't remember the opponent or who threw the pass (so maybe not that memorable after all?) but there was TD pass to Skinner out of the wildcat that just seemed to sum up what a great 4-year run we had with him in the backfield.

Nate Morton threw most of Skinner's TDs out of the fake sweep. The Clemson game in 2006 was a particularly good throw and catch around the pylon IIRC.

that makes me think we should do a "not top 10". not sure if that riley fumble makes the list but the one at BC in OT sure as hell would. i just sat on the patio of Beef O'Brady's on robinhood silently for 30 minutes after that play

A not top 10 for Grobe would have 73 plays.

This videos are awesome. I had forgotten just how loud Groves once was after the last 5 seasons. It sounds great over the TV. Hell, watch the FSU interception video above and listen to how loud the Wake section was down in Tallahassee before each play and then after each pick. Anyone who blames Wake fans for what we're seeing in football and basketball right now is just silly. We have one of the best fanbases in the nation, even if we're small. We're just beaten down at this point.

That WR corps was absurd. Greg Carr, DeCody Fagg, and Chris Davis with Ponder slinging the ball. It's a wonder they ever ran. Oh, they had Lorenzo Booker and Antone Smith. Got it.

hope they retain him.

Because he's a great coach? I don't think he helped our kickers/punters that much this year. They were pretty bad. He's the GOAT at Wake. But that doesn't mean it translates directly into coaching.

1. Alphonso Smith 100 yard interception Return Vs Maryland 2007
2. Chip Vaughn Blocked FG vs Duke 2006
3. Sam Swank Go Ahead FG in ACC Championship Game 2006
4. Willie Idlette 50 yard Punt Return for Touchdown vs #12 NC State 2003
5. Patrick Ghee Interception vs Boston College 2006
6. John Abbate Interception @ UNC 2006
7. Jyles Tucker Strip and Score vs Charlie Whitehurst/Clemson 2005
8. Kevin Patterson Interception for Touchdown @ Florida St 2006
9. Quinten Williams Forced Fumble @ UNC to clinch 32-31 win and 24-0 Comeback 2001
10. Kevin Marion 81 yard TD vs BC 2006

I see a lot of luck and very little coaching.

Gaines Adams return after the botched FG has to be in the "Not Top Ten" - forced to watch that shit on a loop thanks to ESPNs draft coverage

Gaines Adams return after the botched FG has to be in the "Not Top Ten" - forced to watch that shit on a loop thanks to ESPNs draft coverage

Jon Temple got the last laugh. #toosoon

Sticking with the state of Michigan. Marty Morningwheg. 5-27 as Lions head coach. Currently offensive coordinator for the high powered New York Jets.

Back