• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef Boston (Season 12) - Wednesdays 10pm

Both chefs in the finale are likeable. Mei is so fucking intense. Gregory is so talented
I'd eat either menu in a heartbeat.

I can barely recognize Sean Brock in a suit.

I think the right meal won last night but both chefs had incredible seasons.

will be interesting to see how much longer Mei works at Ink...though she's prob had her exit planned for a while.

yeah he did.

there was just a food festival in PDX, and Gregory put it on, so Doug was also one of the chefs and then they brought Mei up from LA.
tickets were like $200 though and we just moved so i'm all #poor ... plus I'd feel bad going to one of those and not being able to eat whatever beef craziness they put in front of me.

Mei Lin retweeted
Michael Voltaggio @MVoltaggio · 13h 13 hours ago
@meilin21 so proud of you chef! great job!!!! Can i come work for you now?
0 replies 36 retweets 141 favorites
Reply Retweet36 Favorite141
More

Greg is defs the better chef. Mei cooked the better meal for the finale.

Doug lives under a bridge.

Kasugi was at the bar down the street last night for a finale partY.

It probably meant more to Mei to win. Would love to try that dessert. Also, while Gregory is obviously the better chef overall, Mei consistently puts out some amazing stuff visually. So great at plating.

Gregory just didn't nail that second dish broth/soup/stew/chowder, which is weird because that's been one of his strengths all season and I thought it would win it for him (see: previous challenge). That third dish looked so uninspired; would have expected that at bonefish grill. Disappointing all around.

I honestly think Doug beats either of them when just given directive to cook the best 4 course meal he can. I feel like he got screwed so hard in that next-to-last challenge. Though I guess being Top Chef isn't about being the best cooking solo in the kitchen or even leading a team; gotta have a mean/competitive streak too.

Back