• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef Boston (Season 12) - Wednesdays 10pm

From the wiki page:

According to reports by Deadline Hollywood, members of Boston's local Teamsters Union allegedly harassed and intimidated Lakshmi and other Top Chef staff during the production's June film shoot at the Steel & Rye restaurant in Milton, Massachusetts. The Teamsters Local 25, upset that Bravo hired non-union personnel to drive cast and crew around Milton, protested the filming, threatening staff using racist, sexist, and homophobic language, and slashing the tires of several crew-owned vehicles. While the network insisted the incident was isolated, sources for The Boston Globe reported that the threats did prompt Bravo to change the locations of some tapings. Teamsters Local 25 later released a statement denying the allegations.

Intra thread Haas:

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...omorrow-10pm?p=1875454&viewfull=1#post1875454

Isabella's bud was an idiot to revenge challenge Gregory - he appears to be one of the best chefs on the show. He should have taken on the Japanese-Mexican Kosher guy.

yeah I've heard of him as The Angry Chef. are his places any good?

No, they are not. He has no skill whatsoever. No idea how to do simple or subtle. All of his dishes are super over the top, with too many ingredients and too many muddled flavors. Dishes in his places are also wildly inconsistent. His latest venture was a pizza place that was so bad he has now closed it and is remodeling/repositioning it as a deli. This is v unfortunate for me since I live basically walking distance from his restos.

Blais being a judge might get me interested but honestly Top Chef has gotten old and tired, plus I hate Padma.

I am starting to really hate Blais. He has gone total tv chef. He basically looks just like Beavis with that stupid new haircut.

From the wiki page:

According to reports by Deadline Hollywood, members of Boston's local Teamsters Union allegedly harassed and intimidated Lakshmi and other Top Chef staff during the production's June film shoot at the Steel & Rye restaurant in Milton, Massachusetts. The Teamsters Local 25, upset that Bravo hired non-union personnel to drive cast and crew around Milton, protested the filming, threatening staff using racist, sexist, and homophobic language, and slashing the tires of several crew-owned vehicles. While the network insisted the incident was isolated, sources for The Boston Globe reported that the threats did prompt Bravo to change the locations of some tapings. Teamsters Local 25 later released a statement denying the allegations.

Reason #7643 why yankbaggs, and Boston in particular, suck.

Finally, why in the world did the first guy that got voted off pick the black dude who is apparently one of the best chefs in Portland? He would have wiped the floor with that fat taco truck guy. Seeing him try and destroy those clams showed he could not cook (which we later confirmed).

Last edited:
I feel like Gregory (or black Portland guy as we've called him so far) is gonna clean up this season.

Mei Lin looks to be 1 of the top contestants.

the kosher dude makes some odd food choices. was calling him Mr. Universe due to all the ingredients in that dish he
made.

and that dude Ron was a beast in the prep challenge.

Or more relevant, he looks like Marcus Samuelsson with glasses.

Did anyone see the 15 minute ep this week? I think on Monday night? It was a just a new quickfire but no one was eliminated and the winner got $5K.

Are they going to do these all season?

was it an additional QF or the one they'll show tonight? they showed the first 15 mins of the season premiere directly after the Duels finale, which aired the week before last week's Boston premiere.

Not sure. My DVR picked up a 15 minute First Look that is the same challenge linked above. Looks like it was just a preview of tonights EP.

Kind of lame as I would rather just watch the whole episode at once. In the TV version there was no explanation as to what it was.

Sucks for Joy. She needed to stand tall about wanting to take the bone out. Lame ATL bro with the fucking vanilla too.

Seems like Mei Lin and Gregory are the two to watch.

I also like the little hobbit dude.

Damn the DC dude and the Fredericksburg chick (whose places I both love) are out. Welp.

Damn the DC dude and the Fredericksburg chick (whose places I both love) are out. Welp.

having eaten at both laurel and ela here in philly, they were both amazing, and i would have believed either one was the chef that won last season

it's a real crapshoot

I didn't think either were capable of winning, I just wish they had a bit longer of a run.

Good ep. Glad doucheydouche is gone.

This is quite obviously Gregory's to lose. I'm gonna be pissed if some bullshit technicality dumps him.

Ate at Sbraga last night. Top Chef DC winner, season six or seven. Foie gras soup and wagyu carpaccio were astounding.

Yeah. Team Greg. I just am really happy George got redemption after how the season started. His restaurant is do good.

Back