• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef Boston (Season 12) - Wednesdays 10pm

I'm a biiiig Nina fan. Nick is also a good one. Stephanie is growing on me, too, but I don't think she's strong enough to win.

Stephanie is just wayyyy too down on herself. She doubts everything!

There just isnt a ton of talent on this season. Nina is the by far the strongest in culinary skill, but Nick would probably be the best kitchen manager and overall 'chef'.

Most of the others who are remaining can cook, but are wildly inconsistent.

Doesnt seem like anyone this year has the talent of Paul Qui, the Volt brothers, Gillespie, or Kristen Kish.

Last edited:
There just isnt a ton of talent on this season. Nina is the by far the strongest in culinary skill, but Nick would probably be the best kitchen manager and overall 'chef'.

All of the others can cook but are wildly inconsistent.

Doesnt seem like anyone this year has the talent of Paul Qui, the Volt brothers, Gillespie, or Kristen Kish.

agreed

We had our big gala of the year two weeks ago and I spoke with Michael Voltaggio for a little while. Nice guy, very quiet and humble.

Last time my dad visited LA he wanted to check out his restaurant out here, enjoyed it alot. He's from Frederick so wanted to see what the little bro was doing.

This looks cool

NEW YORK – June 4, 2014 – Bravo Media turns up the heat in a new culinary competition series "Top Chef Duels" premiering Wednesday, August 6 at 10 PM ET/PT as the network brings back the best culinary talent ever seen on "Top Chef" and "Top Chef Masters" for a gastronomic battle royale of epic proportions. Hosted by celebrity chef Curtis Stone, the newest iteration of the Emmy Award-winning franchise pits eighteen of the biggest, boldest and most talked-about personalities from past seasons against one another in high-stakes cooking challenges designed to test their passion and imagination in the kitchen. In addition to his role as host, Curtis Stone will also anchor the judges' table with Gail Simmons, while chefs Wolfgang Puck and Hugh Acheson along with other special guests will round out the judging panel throughout the series. For a sneak peek, go to: www.bravotv.com/top-chef-duels/season-1/videos/this-season-on-top-chef-duels

In each episode, two chefs will face-off in three rounds of head-to-head battles testing their skill, creativity and speed. Rivalries will be intensified as "Top Chef Duels" ups the ante and allows the competing chefs to each pick one mini-duel based on the other's perceived weaknesses in the kitchen. The third and final challenge of each episode will decide who moves on to compete in the ultimate high-stakes season finale where 10 chefs will be confronted with split second decisions as they lay it all on the line in the greatest challenge of their careers. In the end, only one chef will earn bragging rights and win the $100,000 grand prize and a culinary adventure that will be featured in Food and Wine Magazine.

MEET THE DUELING PAIRS:

Episode 101: Richard Blais (Top Chef Chicago runner- up and Top Chef All-Stars winner) vs. Marcel Vigneron (Top Chef Season 2 runner up)

Episode 102: Shirley Chung (Top Chef New Orleans finalist) vs. Brooke Williamson (Top Chef Seattle runner up)

Episode 103: Mike Isabella (Top Chef All-Stars runner up) vs. Antonia Lofaso (Top Chef Chicago finalist)

Episode 104: CJ Jacobson (Top Chef Miami contestant) vs. Stefan Richter (Top Chef Season 5 runner up)

Episode 105: David Burke (Top Chef Masters Season 5) vs. Takashi Yagihashi (Top Chef Masters Season 4)

Episode 106: Tiffani Faison (Top Chef Season 1 runner up) vs. Dale Talde (Top Chef Chicago and Top Chef All-Star contestant)

Episode 107: Nyesha Arrington (Top Chef Texas contestant) vs. Jen Carroll (Top Chef Las Vegas finalist)

Episode 108: Stephanie Izard (Top Chef Chicago winner) vs. Kristen Kish (Top Chef Seattle winner)

Episode 109: Kevin Gillespie (Top Chef Las Vegas fan favorite) vs. Art Smith (Top Chef Masters Season 1)

Episode 110: Championship Finale

Video here: http://eater.com/archives/2014/06/04/top-chef-duels-to-premiere-aug-6-lineup-announced.php

Hoping my BOY David Burke wins it all.

Glad Curtis is the host, he's great.

Anyone else catching knife fight? Similar premise (2chefs face off) and takes place in Ilans restaurant

I've seen a few. Dece. My bro in law in culinary school loves it and he hates most food shows like Chopped, Top Chef, etc.

Kevin from Top Chef DC is opening a restaurant across from my office.

So its tonight?

Blais is pretty absent from the ATL scene these days. I think he has spent most of his time on that new dumb TV show he has plus I think he opened a resto in San DIAGO

So its tonight?

Blais is pretty absent from the ATL scene these days. I think he has spent most of his time on that new dumb TV show he has plus I think he opened a resto in San DIAGO

Yeah he's physically moved to SD.

Kevin Gillespie is ATL's Top Chef anyways, dude is rocking it at Gunshow and I can't wait for his BBQ place.

looking fwd to some Padma time.

that season with the Volts, Kevin and the other Mike was stocked with talent.

I don't think Padma is hosting...think it's Gail and Curtis Stone.

Mike Isabella and Brian V have been killin' it in DC of late. lots of great new places.

Mike Isabella is like the hardest working man in showbiz. That guy has has had a cameo on every shitty cooking show released in the last 18 months.

Back