• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Official Pit Dynasty Fantasy Football League Thread

Gooner

Pit League Fantasy Football Commissioner
Reaction score
Going to use this thread to organize pre-draft activities and have it as a bulletin board for future use.

Dynasty Football Resources
  • Dynasty League Football's Dynasty Essentials: As good a Dynasty 101 guide online as you could ask for. Articles for the basics of dynasty fantasy, dynasty strategies, and more. The articles are pretty dated now for specific player comparisons (most were written around 2012-13), but the general information and recommendations are solid, highly recommend perusing this site for at least a bit if you are brand new to dynasty.
  • Jake Ciely (The Athletic) Dynasty Rankings: Jake Ciely is a fantasy football contributor at The Athletic so you probably will need a subscription (or bum one). But if you do subscribe to The Athletic, Jake has a post-draft rankings for all players and for just rookies each year. Also can be sorted by Superflex which does change the rankings significantly.
  • KeepTradeCut Trade Calculator: KTC is a free trade calculator tool that allows you to put together trades and estimate whether the value of the trade matches up. You can also set it to startup mode and Superflex filter so if you want to follow in D14 and tic's footsteps and trade startup picks, it'll help with that as well.
  • DynastyFF Subreddit: I offer this one with a few grains of salt. It's one of the largest dynasty fantasy communities online outside of general Twitter threads/responses, and there are topics that come up that have good conversation and can be valuable if you sift through a lot of the noise.

Initial Dynasty League Members
1) Gooner - JOINED
2) D14 - JOINED
3) Barca - JOINED
4) Numbers - JOINED
5) YB - JOINED
6) Triple - JOINED
7) tic - JOINED
8) BigTree - JOINED
9) Sokolove - JOINED
10) Ghost - JOINED
11) Satan - JOINED
12) mako - JOINED

Last edited:
GENERAL SETTINGS:
  • 12 team league, 6 teams make playoffs
    • Playoffs are single-week matchups starting Week 15, top 2 seeds receive bye to semifinals
    • Consolation bracket takes place with non-playoff teams, no current plans to have impact on draft seeding
  • Waivers: FAAB Bidding, $100 budget per season
  • Waivers clear Wednesday morning before each gameweek
    • Players dropped after Wednesday morning clear waivers 2 days after drop
  • Trade deadline: Week 12
    • Trades clear after 2 day period for comment unless agreed upon to push through deal with commissioner powers
DRAFT:
  • Snake Draft, random draft selection Year 1
    • Subsequent season rookie drafts: linear draft based on previous year's results, 4 rounds
  • Maximum 8 hours per pick during the startup draft, overnight pause starting at 8pm ET and lifting at 8am ET each morning
  • Draft picks are tradeable three years into the future and include startup draft picks
ROSTER:
  • 1 QB
  • 2 RB
  • 2 WR
  • 1 TE
  • 3 W/R/T FLEX
  • 1 SuperFlex (Q/W/R/T)
  • 10 Bench Spots
  • 1 Injured Reserve Slot
    • Players only eligible if on NFL Injured Reserve, designated as Out for a given week does not qualify for IR
  • 4 Taxi Squad Spots (players eligible for taxi until 3rd Year in NFL)
    • Taxi squad selections must be made by start of Week 1, players cannot be placed on Taxi during season
SCORING:
Passing
  • 1 point every 20 passing yards
  • 4 points for passing TD
  • 2 points for passing 2-pt conversion
  • -2 points for interception
Rushing
  • 1 point every 10 rushing yards
  • 6 points for rushing TD
  • 2 points for rushing 2-pt conversion
  • -2 points for lost fumble
Receiving
  • 0.5 points per reception
    • TE PREMIUM: TE receptions are 0.75 point per reception
  • 1 point every 10 receiving yards
  • 6 points for receiving TD
  • 2 points for receiving 2-pt conversion

I encourage everyone to read through and give feedback/concerns as you see fit. Also please ask any questions if you are not familiar with a specific setting, want more clarity, or think I just missed something!

Last edited:
Potential Payout Structure

1st:
~40%
2nd: ~20%
3rd: ~12.5%
4th: ~4.5% (roughly half yearly dues)

Weekly Top Scorer: $5-10
Regular Season Overall Top Scorer: Remainder after weekly and yearly payouts

So all draft picks are tradeable, as in even the start-up picks? Did we agree on a buy-in amount? Thanks for organizing all of this, Gooner. I realize it's a huge undertaking.

So all draft picks are tradeable, as in even the start-up picks? Did we agree on a buy-in amount? Thanks for organizing all of this, Gooner. I realize it's a huge undertaking.
All draft picks are tradeable out to 3 years in the future, and it does include start-up picks.

We haven't agreed on a buy-in amount yet, I am going to tentatively say it will be $50, we had some resistance to $100. Was going to put that to the whole group once everyone joined the Sleeper league. Believe we are waiting on @BarcaDeac @Satan @Wakeforest22890 @TripleDeacon still.

Alright I'll get signed up for this in the next day or two. I'm fine with $50 or $100 or $75 or whatever

I'm sorry to be the hold up. So, is Sleeper the app we're using for the league? Never used it before. Was I supposed to receive an e-mail invitation? If I did, I missed it.

I'm sorry to be the hold up. So, is Sleeper the app we're using for the league? Never used it before. Was I supposed to receive an e-mail invitation? If I did, I missed it.
I've used Sleeper before and find it much better than ESPN/Yahoo. Very user friendly. Hopefully you don't have any issues. Download the app to your phone.

All draft picks are tradeable out to 3 years in the future, and it does include start-up picks.

We haven't agreed on a buy-in amount yet, I am going to tentatively say it will be $50, we had some resistance to $100. Was going to put that to the whole group once everyone joined the Sleeper league. Believe we are waiting on @BarcaDeac @Satan @Wakeforest22890 @TripleDeacon still.
I would vote $100 over $50, but am fine with whatever

I assume the draft order will be left to the RNG gods?

I sent out a PM, I'll send another one to you right now

When everyone joins up on Sleeper, I'll put some polls in the Sleeper League chat about buy-in and a couple other things.

Reactions: tic
I would vote $100 over $50, but am fine with whatever
I would agree with this, but am also open to whatever. I understand there was hesitation at $100 and am understanding, but my concern would be keeping people active, especially for a start-up. This also improves the pot for weekly bonuses like Gooner and others have alluded to.

If we want to decrease it after Year 1, that would make more sense to me. If someone then bails, it's not as much for someone to take over a (likely) shitty roster.

is Sleeper better to use on the desktop or on the app? at least for the set-up/draft?

Another thing common to dynasty leagues is that if you trade away future year draft picks, you are locked into paying the buy in for up to that year. This would be to prevent someone from trading away all their upcoming picks to win now, then bailing out of the league with a bleak future for their team.

We don’t have to do that, but it’s worth a thought.

Reactions: tic
Another thing common to dynasty leagues is that if you trade away future year draft picks, you are locked into paying the buy in for up to that year. This would be to prevent someone from trading away all their upcoming picks to win now, then bailing out of the league with a bleak future for their team.

We don’t have to do that, but it’s worth a thought.
This is something I have already in my draft bylaws, I think it's the only way to protect the league as a whole if someone bottoms out after making a bunch of future moves

Back