• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Official Pit Dynasty Fantasy Football League Thread

Still intend on putting it to a vote, but is $75 a reasonable compromise as buy-in? Specifically want @YoungBuck95 and @Ghostsurfer to chime in here since they indicated $100 was high for them. Also @deacon14 @tic since you are both openly pro-$100. I am leaving room to adjust future buy-in amounts in the bylaws.

$75 or $100 is completely cool

I would encourage everyone who has committed to participating in the league to review and comment on these proposed bylaws. I tried to cover everything I could think of but I'm sure there are things I missed or didn't cover perfectly. The only thing missing is the exact annual dues and subsequently what the payout structure will be, but that will get added when we get an agreement as a league. Appreciate everyone's interest in this, I'm really looking forward to playing with you all.

Looks pretty good, IMO. Questions:

1) I'm assuming we'll be using fractional points and not rounded points for scoring?

2) Are there any rules regarding roster management? As in, limits to how many positions one may roster for bench spots?

3) See #2 regarding taxi squad. Any positional limits?

4) Are we using Leaguesafe or Venmo or PayPal or what? Fine with whatever.

Oh yeah, and what do you mean when you say RNG for draft order 3 times? Like the third roll counts? Am I an idiot?

Oh yeah, and what do you mean when you say RNG for draft order 3 times? Like the third roll counts? Am I an idiot?
Yes, my plan was to take the numbers 1-12 and click "Randomize" 3 times. Third time is the charm and will be the draft order. Numbers will be your associated Team # based on the order people joined the league.

Reactions: tic
Looks pretty good, IMO. Questions:

1) I'm assuming we'll be using fractional points and not rounded points for scoring?

2) Are there any rules regarding roster management? As in, limits to how many positions one may roster for bench spots?

3) See #2 regarding taxi squad. Any positional limits?

4) Are we using Leaguesafe or Venmo or PayPal or what? Fine with whatever.
Great questions on all of these. Decimal scoring yes, no rounding. #2 and #3 I'll have to ponder on, suggestions welcome. #4 I planned on Venmo, once we get everyone in the league I will drop my Venmo in the Sleeper league chat.

Great questions on all of these. Decimal scoring yes, no rounding. #2 and #3 I'll have to ponder on, suggestions welcome. #4 I planned on Venmo, once we get everyone in the league I will drop my Venmo in the Sleeper league chat.
I don't really have a preference for positional limits, but I have seen that come up in other leagues where someone is "hoarding" a position to try to screw others. If all are aware of that, I don't really see an issue, but just something to ponder.

I don't really have a preference for positional limits, but I have seen that come up in other leagues where someone is "hoarding" a position to try to screw others. If all are aware of that, I don't really see an issue, but just something to ponder.
It’s annoying as hell, but I think it’s a legitimate strategy.

If someone wants to draft 10 NFL QBs, they aren’t winning shit without trading them away for other positions. So, assuming they want to win, those players will end up on other rosters before the games start.

It’s annoying as hell, but I think it’s a legitimate strategy.

If someone wants to draft 10 NFL QBs, they aren’t winning shit without trading them away for other positions. So, assuming they want to win, those players will end up on other rosters before the games start.
This is exactly how I've always viewed it as well. Let people do as they want - it should work itself out.

This is exactly how I've always viewed it as well. Let people do as they want - it should work itself out.
The strategy is basically playing chicken regarding trade values. As long as nobody caves and offers a horrendous trade, the hoarder will have to trade away the players they are hoarding for market value (or worse). And in that case, it wasn’t a winning strategy.

How will the league handle attempted hostile takeovers of other teams? Can I use real life blackmail to acquire leverage over fellow managers? I'll hang up and listen

How will the league handle attempted hostile takeovers of other teams? Can I use real life blackmail to acquire leverage over fellow managers? I'll hang up and listen
Dual-team ownership is prohibited. Also any attempt to acquire Middle East state-backed bids for teams will result in immediate expulsion from the league.

Kompromat used from real-life sources is a gray area because I don’t know you people. But if used against tic it’s allowed.

Back