• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Official Pit Dynasty Fantasy Football League Thread

Now that all 12 teams have joined the league on Sleeper, I have put two initial polls up on there, please respond at your earliest convenience. One is to do with officially setting the buy-in amount, the other is to do with setting (or not) the TE premium bonus per reception amount.

Especially pre-draft, I would encourage everyone to turn on Sleeper notifications on their phone so they don't miss anything and to please check the league at least once a day. I have set the beginning of the draft to start next Monday morning at 9 AM Eastern, the draft order should be randomized shortly.

DRAFT ORDER

1. BigTreeDeac
2. Ghost
3. tic
4. Satan
5. Gooner
6. Edarem
7. mako
8. BarcaDeac
9. TripleDeacon
10. Numbers
11. D14
12. YoungBuck

just fyi I do not know how much drafting I can do if it starts in 5 days - out of the country from June 22nd to July 8th

just fyi I do not know how much drafting I can do if it starts in 5 days - out of the country from June 22nd to July 8th
If you make a preference list out of the top 40-50 players, that would help with the first few rounds even if you are unavailable

Sorry, should have asked before setting the draft time. I am fine with postponing until you get back, wouldn’t make sense to do a huge startup draft and not have one of the members available for it.

Sorry, should have asked before setting the draft time. I am fine with postponing until you get back, wouldn’t make sense to do a huge startup draft and not have one of the members available for it.
All good. Probably going to be tough to find a time this summer with all available. There’s a places or two we’re staying without wifi.

Looks like about half of you have voted on the buy-in question, $100 buy-in is out in front by a bit. If you have other feelings, please do vote. I would like to have that answered and start to have people send in the buy-ins prior to the draft, now scheduled to start July 10th.

Looks like about half of you have voted on the buy-in question, $100 buy-in is out in front by a bit. If you have other feelings, please do vote. I would like to have that answered and start to have people send in the buy-ins prior to the draft, now scheduled to start July 10th.
@Ghostsurfer I specifically want you to weigh in because I know you expressed reservations on the other thread.

Sorry, our son is moving to NYC and we have been cramming in a lot of time with family and friends before he leaves. The original idea of a dynasty league playing with some good dudes and having fun was my goal. I have no idea on how dynasty leagues really work and just felt like it would be a fun ride.

In my experience, the higher buy-in's usually have more turnover year to year, and we are constantly trying to recruit new owners. Add in the dynasty element and some teams may be very hard to find a replacement, as these teams may be too far underwater. End of the day, I'll go with the majority.

Fingers crossed none of you suck at this, then we don’t have to worry about underwater teams. Looking at you, @deacon14

Now that you’ve assigned draft picks, pick trading is now open yeah?

I just did a mock draft, and I am certainly open to moving some of my picks around.

Now that you’ve assigned draft picks, pick trading is now open yeah?

I just did a mock draft, and I am certainly open to moving some of my picks around.
Yes, with the draft order set, the league is officially open and draft pick trading can take place.

How am I supposed to be good with a corrupt commissioner that gave me the 11th pick in the draft?
Be careful buddy or you’re gonna get an infraction and I’m going to take that tasty 11th pick

Back