• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2011 CL Knockout Stages Thread

The plan was to wear them in the pregame, but UEFA would not allow that. I know Madrid players passed them out and were wearing shirts after the game that said "Animo Abidal" which is the phrase going around Twitter.

Completely baseless prediction for the draw on Friday:

United v Real
Chelsea v Shalke
Barca v Bayern
Spartak v Spurs

i want man utd or spurs. really anyone but chelsea. They suck and i don't want to sit through another snorefest

I'd bet for Barca or Schalke. The story lines are too good for fate to pass up. 4 Clasicos in one month or the Raul homecoming. Take your pick.

Jose will be at Real until Fergie retires. He wants the OT post so bad.

Agreed that he's going to be at OT one day, but the month of April will determine if he will be back in Madrid next season.

edit: The internal strife has cooled in the media, but that's because the next transfer window is months away. I have no doubt that Mourinho and Valdano still hate each other and will clash again, hard. I really don't think Jose is content at a club where he doesn't have complete control. And there are too many egos at the top to let him be the face of the club.

His brash attitude has pissed off a lot of important people at the club; ones that many people don't even know of, myself included. The political structure of the club would ideally want a lapdog for a manager, but a lapdog that wins trophies. Important part being winning.

I really think Mourinho will consider leaving if he doesn't get the reins fully handed to him in the summer. He should have them, as tools like Valdano can't win jack for the club no matter how much they spend and what they think they know about talent. If Jose can win at least one trophy, beat Barcelona, make a deep run in the CL... He will get what he wants a lot easier. He still may be able to get Perez to give him full power after what we've already done this season, but it'll be a bloody battle unless we win something.

Last edited:
Edited the post to explain a little more. I don't think he gets sacked, but I sincerely question if he wants to stay with the power structure being as it is now. If he sweeps all the important stuff in April, I think the club will be very much inclined to do whatever is needed to keep him happy.

hahahaha, nope. I just forgot that Inter came back and won. I'm stupid.

rawarr -- good insight. TNSSO defs wants full control wherever he is at.

Schalke 04 has sacked their manager.

who knew a board switch could suddenly make someone footballing retarded

Nobody posted one word in the CL thread since before yesterday's games. Weak sauce over there. These threads will need more than just the few of us to be really good though.

Back