• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

From an ESPN article:

To answer this question, we enlisted the help of ESPN's Soccer Power Index (SPI), an algorithm designed to forecast soccer results. Debates on Europe's top league usually devolve into arguments over which country has the strongest overall team -- comparing Spain's Barcelona and Real Madrid with England's Manchester clubs, for example. But the true test of a league's strength is not at the top of the table but in its quality at the middle and bottom. So SPI grouped the top five, middle five and bottom five squads from England's Premier League, Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A and Germany's Bundesliga to create three fictitious 20-team leagues. SPI then simulated each of these leagues 10,000 times. In the top group, Barcelona and Real Madrid -- arguably the two best teams in the world -- predictably won a combined 91.2 percent of simulations. Meanwhile, although Liverpool dominated the middle league, La Liga sides Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao and Mallorca all averaged a top-five finish. Similarly, in the bottom group, the Premier League's Aston Villa won most often, but Villarreal, Granada and Real Zaragoza were all among the best five. Overall, La Liga teams had an average finish of 8.8 across the three leagues, compared with the EPL's 9.9. (Serie A finished at 11.26 and the Bundesliga last at 12.10.) -- Albert Larcada

From an ESPN article:

To answer this question, we enlisted the help of ESPN's Soccer Power Index (SPI), an algorithm designed to forecast soccer results. Debates on Europe's top league usually devolve into arguments over which country has the strongest overall team -- comparing Spain's Barcelona and Real Madrid with England's Manchester clubs, for example. But the true test of a league's strength is not at the top of the table but in its quality at the middle and bottom. So SPI grouped the top five, middle five and bottom five squads from England's Premier League, Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A and Germany's Bundesliga to create three fictitious 20-team leagues. SPI then simulated each of these leagues 10,000 times. In the top group, Barcelona and Real Madrid -- arguably the two best teams in the world -- predictably won a combined 91.2 percent of simulations. Meanwhile, although Liverpool dominated the middle league, La Liga sides Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao and Mallorca all averaged a top-five finish. Similarly, in the bottom group, the Premier League's Aston Villa won most often, but Villarreal, Granada and Real Zaragoza were all among the best five. Overall, La Liga teams had an average finish of 8.8 across the three leagues, compared with the EPL's 9.9. (Serie A finished at 11.26 and the Bundesliga last at 12.10.) -- Albert Larcada

Dagger. Liverpool in the middle group. At least we dominated.

qk7pE.jpg

2mcc1e8.jpg

600275_484664164893235_1036068949_n.jpg

Had to share this. Also, Mrs I/O and I just booked our tickets to see Liverpool vs Tottenham in Baltimore at the end of July. Can't wait.

I think Vertonghen may have (finally) nearly finalized a deal with Spurs. Maybe. Who the hell knows really.

i still need to pick a team.

it will be on completely ridiculous terms.

it won't be man city, i'm not rooting for oasis OR baby blue.

FUCK Oasis. The Gallagher brothers are fucking epic cunts.
Champagne Supernova?
I'll piss supernova, a piss supernova in their eyeeeeessssss; In their eeeeyyyyeeeesss. No talent assclowns.

And I know why, I know why, I know whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because they suck dick. Red as blood baboon dick.

Lol, I got into an epic staredown with Liam one time in a pub at noon. I think he wanted to fight me.

MORE THAN A CLUB!!!!111!1

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
President Rosell has met with the ambassador of Iran in Spain to discuss a possible cooperation with the Iranian football federation.

Rosell is an idiot. I loved his comment last week about how Ronaldo isn't one of the top players in the world because Barcelona has the 11 best. Shocking the top 11 in the world can't even win their own league.

LFC third. Not as awful as many were predicting. If the stupid ed hardy tribal patterns weren't on the sleeves it would have been pretty solid. Not sure what the shorts will look like. I know everyone is highly interested so I will be sure to post many large pictures when I can find them.

603829822.jpg

7438751912_ee891bab97.jpg

7438751714_bcbf30cf6f.jpg

Last edited:
Back