• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

My biggest complaint with FIFA 12 is transfers. You can't offer a player plus cash! Why not? That was always my magic bullet in the old Winning Eleven games for PS2 (Which might still be my favorite).

(some of these have likely already been posted)

main.jpg

Valencia

7447671304_e587193b03.jpg

FC Basel

7469939520_07cd56271f.jpg

7469939452_acb78bd31d.jpg

Reading
new-kits-reading-2013-premier-league-.jpeg

Arsenal Away (fake?)
GUNLEAK12front.jpg

Stoke City
Stoke12.jpg

AM
ATLMA12.jpg

PSV12intro.jpg

WH12intro.jpg

PSG12intro.jpg

West Ham always has top notch kits IMO

When is opening day for the EPL?

10:00 Arsenal v Sunderland
10:00 Everton v Man Utd
10:00 Fulham v Norwich
10:00 Man City v Southampton
10:00 Newcastle v Tottenham
10:00 QPR v Swansea
10:00 Reading v Stoke
10:00 West Brom v Liverpool
10:00 West Ham v Aston Villa
10:00 Wigan v Chelsea

what a terrible opening week

"In stepped Mario Balotelli.

As a civilian, he is outlandish. Last year, his white Maserati was impounded twenty-seven times, accumulating £10,000 worth of parking tickets. He also accidentally set his house on fire with firecrackers, was fined a week’s wages for throwing darts at a teammate, and kept turning up unannounced in strange places, including a women’s prison in Brescia (“just fancied having a look”) and Xavarian College in Manchester, where he apparently came for the bathroom but stayed for a while."

http://nplusonemag.com/false-nine-vs-real-nine

Also, Great Britain Olympic team announced -- their first squad in almost 60 years:

Jack Butland (Birmingham), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough); Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham), Craig Dawson (West Brom), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Neil Taylor (Swansea), James Tomkins (West Ham); Joe Allen (Swansea), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Jack Cork (Southampton), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Scott Sinclair (Swansea); Craig Bellamy (Liverpool), Marvin Sordell (Bolton), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea).

Looks to be a solid squad. Lots of familiar faces, and a few that I'm not familiar with. SUPER pumped to have Wake Forest alumnus Craig Dawson on the squad!

I like most of it, but what is the point of taking a guy with jelly-knees in Bellamy to a tournament? He can't play twice in 10 days, much less the few days rest he will get in the Olympics. Stupid.

Also, Great Britain Olympic team announced -- their first squad in almost 60 years:

Jack Butland (Birmingham), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough); Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham), Craig Dawson (West Brom), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Neil Taylor (Swansea), James Tomkins (West Ham); Joe Allen (Swansea), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Jack Cork (Southampton), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Scott Sinclair (Swansea); Craig Bellamy (Liverpool), Marvin Sordell (Bolton), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea).

Looks to be a solid squad. Lots of familiar faces, and a few that I'm not familiar with. SUPER pumped to have Wake Forest alumnus Craig Dawson on the squad!

Looking at that squad, I am convinced of one thing and one thing only . . . they will go out on penalties.

As a civilian, he is outlandish. Last year, his white Maserati was impounded twenty-seven times, accumulating £10,000 worth of parking tickets. He also accidentally set his house on fire with firecrackers, was fined a week’s wages for throwing darts at a teammate, and kept turning up unannounced in strange places, including a women’s prison in Brescia (“just fancied having a look”) and Xavarian College in Manchester, where he apparently came for the bathroom but stayed for a while."

HAHA...awesome

Kind of meh over these. Bummed they are minimizing the hoops. Maybe if we would've beat QPR to the PL we could've gone with their look, which is much better IMO. And they stole the hoops from us too. Bastards.

Yellow/goldish away looks alright though. I could see a yellow jersey being ghastly but I think they pulled it off pretty well

Predictions for opening week UK TV games (should be announced Thursday)

12:30 Sat West Brom v Liverpool (assuming no 7:45 AMer b/c Football League game is scheduled for then)
7 Sunday Manchester United v Everton (always seems to kick off before 8 so we'll go opening weekend tripleheader)
9 Sunday Wigan v Chelsea
11 Sunday Newcastle v Tottenham (could see this and WBA-Pool flipped)
3 Monday Man City v Southampton (Citeh opens at home on a Monday against a newly promoted team that plays attacking footy ... sounds pretty damn familiar)

Last edited:
So Brad Fridel is 10 years older than his new head coach? Or is it more like 6-7? Just judging off of looks here

Spain Olympic squad announced. Wish Jordi would sit this one out since he played all minutes at the Euros.

Porteros: David De Gea (Manchester United), Joel Robles (Atlético de Madrid), Diego Mariño (Villarreal).

Defenas: Azpilicueta (Olympique de Marsella), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Javi Martínez (Athletic), Domínguez (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Montoya (Barcelona), Botía (Sporting de Gijón), San José (Athletic), Iñigo Martínez (Real Sociedad).

Medios: Thiago Alcántara (Barcelona), Ander Herrera (Athletic), Koke (Atlético de Madrid), Oriol Romeu (Chelsea), Isco (Málaga), Mata (Chelsea), Muniain (Athletic).

Delanteros: Adrián (Atlético de Madrid), Álvaro Vázquez (Espanyol), Tello (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Benfica)

The guy has easily become one of my fave players in the world over the last year. Just a crazy dood. love it.

Back