• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Reference to Tottenham on Sherlock Holmes...lol.

Arsenal's next five games:

Everton
Bayern Munich
Tottenham
Chelsea
Manchester City

Ouch

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

What Mr. Flamini does during the easier games is his own business.

WTF is this announcer talking about with regards to goalies and obstruction?

Don't get me wrong - I'm grateful for 3 points - but I'm getting tired of sweating out 1-0 home results against the Cardiffs of the world. Our attack appears to have no idea what it's doing. Same under Sherwood as it was under AVB. Rarely any success in transition, mostly just numbness and indecision leading to someone turning the ball back and waiting for everyone to arrive, after which we pass around the 18 with 10-11 opposition men behind it. The goal today was well-worked but it was the exception.

I don't care if we have 61% possession when we're fending off last-minute efforts from the Welsh side as they're pinging it around the box in the 93'. One goes in and we drop 2 points. We've scored 1 or fewer goals in 5 of our last 6 PL games for fuck's sake. Just like the start of the season.

It's brutal to watch - there just is no plan. Doesn't help that Sherwood keeps changing teams and formations every week, so we're starting from scratch each time.

That being said, 3 points after Europa League Thursday is an anomaly for Spurs. So that's a bright point.

Like I said, I'll take the 3 every day, it just doesn't lend any confidence going forward.

You're right in that there's no plan. I've love to see established outlets and positive ball-movers (Modric comes to mind). Could Tom Carroll have helped? More Eriksen? Dembele isn't being nearly as incisive as I'd like him to be. Townsend and Lennon were carrying the ball forward with purpose at times today but lacked nearly all semblance of an end game.

Jordan Henderson went to the Capital One final to support his old club in the stands ... that's pretty damn cool.

BhwX4rOIMAAeP9p.jpg

Back