• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

40483844_1193517617466277_136980732001124352_n.jpg

Digne gets the start today. Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the team.

Everton give up their fourth free kick goal of the young season (fuck zonal marking) but answer immediately with a DCL header off of a Digne cross.

I get that Marco is trying to instill a system, but were just throwing away points with his refusal to switch his set pieces tactics. We may still win today, but I imagine the wasted points will be in the double digits before the boys figure it out.

Lookman on! (although sad that Theo appears nicked up)

And with that I'll go ahead and declare Everton's PL campaign over. Week to week will (sometimes) be fun, but dropping 6 points against the bottom half this early will be too much to overcome. 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th something like that is our destiny. Hoping we go all in on cup runs now.

I like Silva's ideas but I'm a little worried that he's too much like Martinez. Stubborn, plays pointless predictable possession football, negligible set piece instruction and uninspiring substitution patterns (Baines on for what? I would have loved to have seen Dowell for Davies who once again does absolutely nothing in CM). We shall see though, as I (rightly) believe that the club is treating this season as one where Silva and Brands clean out the dross and starts to build his system.

Last edited:
They just need to cut out the red cards. Would have easily won 2 of their games with 11 men, and Richarlison also could have made a difference today

Back