• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Yeah he seemed to have him in check. I love both those dudes. Liverpool fucked up the whole Raheem thing.

huge De Bruyne sized hole in the midfield as well. Just no one there to drive the ball forward too often

Nah that shit was intense. Feel like I was all tight. It wasn’t pretty but it seemed on edge the entire time, definitely not boring.

WTF was Mahrez doing taking that penalty?

It’s weird; Gabriel Jesus was all set to take it, but Mendy runs over to Mahrez and seems to indicate that the bench wants Mahrez to take it. Mahrez and Jesus both seem kind of perplexed, but Jesus doesn’t really complain. I didn’t have the sound on so I don’t know if they went into it more or have given some sort of explanation in post-game.

I’m at a work conference so I only got to watch in spurts. Liverpool need Keita to gain a little confidence/play better. Either that or Ox needs to get healthy real quick. Easy to see why Klopp wanted Fekir, not getting the ball to the attack quick enough.

Yeah, Naby looked behind it yesterday and off the pace before the injury midweek, but everyone was terrible (except for Gomez, Van Dijk, and Alisson) against Napoli. Yesterday's was a tough match to come into cold, especially after not being totally fit, probably, but they are lacking some incision, and not really creating turnovers in the right areas to start the quick transitions. Part of that is tactical from the other team though, as Pep mentioned yesterday. Liverpool is probably the best in the world at that. That is why some Coutinho-like magic is necessary every once in a while. Fekir is the dream, but I think they are too concerned with the knee. There have been some Lucas Paqueta rumors, but I think his agent is shopping him around for the best deal -- maybe Alisson, Bert Firmino, and Fabinho can have a word. Barella is the Cagliari midfielder whose name I've seen pop up a couple of times -- he's more of an all-rounder, but looks like he can take a man on, at least. Kai Havertz another possibility? I'm not sure the player they need is in the squad, even with Keita comfortable and Oxlade-Chamberlain fit, but they really miss the power, pace, and progession of Ox in midfield (also kind of missing Emre in that regard).

Anyway, that was a tough as shit run the last few weeks, and I think they managed about as well as one could expect. A lot of credit to them to be right up there. I do wish the goals were coming a little easier, though.

Last edited:
Mahrez should take notes and try this next time.

What is it with all the Brazilian soccer players liking the fascist Bolsonaro? Ronaldinho, Lucas Moura, Kaka, and now apparently Alisson and Fabinho (or at least Fabinho's wife). Lame. Get it together dudes. I feel like it might be connected with the weird Jesus loving cult Kaka is in.

I would take Ramsey in January. All Welsh love Liverpool. It's science.

Yeah, Ramsey reportedly wants Ozil money, which isn't likely to happen so he's letting the contract run out. We'll see what happens.

Lacazette is really playing at a high level. France probably would have won the World Cup if they had him on their team.

Back